Bernard Avenue is now Open!
Remaining works on Phase 1 will continue through to spring, including adding the public art components on the gateway feature at Richter street and other minor streetscape esthetic improvements.
Temporary ramps at crosswalks are in place until top lift paving is completed.
Final streetscaping treatments from St. Paul to Ellis streets are scheduled as part of Phase 3 which will begin next fall.
Learn more about the sidewalk and elements designed to improve accessibility on Downtown's "Main Street".
- Staging for the storm drain outfall at Kerry Park will begin next week. This means safety barriers will be erected and equipment moved onsite.
- Westcorp Inc. will also begin work on the new public pier and marina next week with the removal of the pilings anchoring the existing commercial dock at Kerry Park.
- Pile driving for the new pier and marina will follow once removals are complete.
- Bernard Ave. traffic is expected to remain two lanes with intermittent interruptions for the movement of machinery across the road to the park until Phase 2 Bernard Ave. road closure from Abbott to Pandosy streets expected beginning of February.
An amendment to the noise bylaw was granted by Council to allow extended construction hours of 6 a.m. to midnight with occasional work outside these hours also permitted.
Read more Bernard Ave. Revitalization articles
Time Lapse Video: City of Kelowna
- Bernard Ave - the final phase Feb 21
- New gateway points to downtown Nov 26
- Bernard Ave. reopening a month early Nov 7
- 7 month delay in Bernard completion Sep 3
- Bernard Avenue closed for streetscaping Aug 31
(Click for RSS instructions.)