Jan 13, 2013 / 10:28 am
Michelle Westlake, of Kelowna, will be spending a month in Costa Rica volunteering for the International Volunteer HQ Costa Rica Turtle Conservation program.
“The turtles will be amazing,” she said.
“I’m expecting humidity and to have a life changing experience.”
In order to fund the trip, Michelle has set up a gofundme.com profile as well as a Facebook page and a personal website. Her goal is to raise $3500.
“I’ve been wanting to volunteer and I’ve been wanting to travel,” she said.
“This is the best company apparently.”
IVHQ is an international volunteer organization working in 20 countries that sends over 5000 volunteers abroad annually. It was established in 2007 and has since sent over 17,000 volunteers abroad to work with hundreds of projects throughout Africa, Asia and Latin America.
Visit the official IVHQ website for more information.
Read more Kelowna News
City of Kelowna
Kelowna Discussion Forum
Kelowna's Cultural District
Kelowna Road Closures
William R. Bennett Bridge
Central Okanagan Regional District
District of Peachland
District of Lake Country
School District 23
- Liberal triumph good for business May 15
- Mission Creek flood watch lifted May 14
- Paving coming to a road near you May 14
- Two-wheel transportation turns the tide May 14
- Capital spending may top $500M by 2020 May 14
- Kelowna Council highlights May 13
- Water Quality Advisory - Black Mountain May 13
- May Day parade set for Saturday May 13
- Flood Watch May 13
- Week in Review May 12