Jan 13, 2013 / 5:54 am
Rita Wong is the author of three books of poetry, including forage which won the 2008 Dorothy Livesay Poetry Prize.
She is speaking Monday night., Jan. 14, 7 p.m. at the Okanagan Regional Library, 1380 Ellis St, Kelowna, BC
It is a free public event.
Her work investigates the relationships between contemporary poetics, social justice, ecology, and decolonization. An Associate Professor in Critical and Cultural Studies at the Emily Carr University of Art and Design, she has developed a humanities course focused on water, for which she received a fellowship from the Center for Contemplative Mind in Society.
She is currently collaborating on the research-creation project Downstream: A Poetics of Water.
Read more Kelowna News
City of Kelowna
Kelowna Discussion Forum
Kelowna's Cultural District
Kelowna Road Closures
William R. Bennett Bridge
Central Okanagan Regional District
District of Peachland
District of Lake Country
School District 23
- Big Red rolls through Kelowna May 22
- Greenway underpasses closed May 22
- Former Miss Kelowna earns gold May 22
- Victim services honour BC Liquor Stores May 22
- New middle school for Upper Mission May 22
- Power back on in East Kelowna May 21
- Tuesday crash sends 4 to hospital May 21
- Quiet start to the summer season May 21
- Stabbing arrest May 21
- Last day to register for PlayOn! Kelowna May 21