Jan 13, 2013 / 5:54 am
Rita Wong is the author of three books of poetry, including forage which won the 2008 Dorothy Livesay Poetry Prize.
She is speaking Monday night., Jan. 14, 7 p.m. at the Okanagan Regional Library, 1380 Ellis St, Kelowna, BC
It is a free public event.
Her work investigates the relationships between contemporary poetics, social justice, ecology, and decolonization. An Associate Professor in Critical and Cultural Studies at the Emily Carr University of Art and Design, she has developed a humanities course focused on water, for which she received a fellowship from the Center for Contemplative Mind in Society.
She is currently collaborating on the research-creation project Downstream: A Poetics of Water.
Read more Kelowna News
City of Kelowna
Kelowna Discussion Forum
Kelowna's Cultural District
Kelowna Road Closures
William R. Bennett Bridge
Central Okanagan Regional District
District of Peachland
District of Lake Country
School District 23
Okanagan Regional Library
- Christmas display going up at Kerry Park Dec 9
- Castanet's Week in Review Dec 8
- Kelowna teens 'write for rights' Dec 8
- Paper carrier waits for crucial surgery Dec 8
- Cost of dying going up Dec 8
- Paper carrier sent to VGH Dec 7
- Roses for women's awareness Dec 7
- Lights aglow on Big White Dec 7
- Creating community Dec 7
- Disabled person given the squeeze Dec 7