Jan 12, 2013 / 10:00 pm
The Kelowna Rockets eight game winning streak came to a halt Saturday night in Vancouver.
The Vancouver Giants snapped their own four game losing streak beating the Rockets 4-3 in overtime.
Brett Kulak scored the game winner 3:01 into the extra period on the Giants lone shot of overtime.
The Giants battled back after finding themselves down 2-0 just 102 seconds into the game.
Colton Sissons got the Rockets on the board with his 15th just 57 seconds into the game. Rourke Chartier made it 2-0 with his 11th 45 seconds later.
What looked to be the makings of a laugher became anything but.
Jackson Houck got the Giants on the board with a power-play goal at 19:23 of the first and hit again with another power-play marker midway through the second to draw the Giants even.
Dylen McKinlay would restore the one goal lead before the period ended, however, Travis McEvoy got that one back midway through the third to force overtime.
The Rockets held the early edge in overtime peppering goalie Payton Lee with the first four shots of the extra frame before Kulak beat former Giant Jackson Whistle with the game winner.
The Rockets played without forward Myles Bell who sat out Saturday's game while he awaits word on a possible suspension for a hit from behind in Friday's win over Tri-City.
Kelowna returns home to host the Spokane Chiefs Wednesday at Prospera Place as the Rockets look to extend their home ice winning streak to 18 games.
Read more Sports News
- Kelowna Rockets
- West Kelowna Warriors
- Penticton Vees
- Vernon Vipers
- Kelowna Chiefs
- Penticton Lakers
- Okanagan College Coyotes
- Kelowna Minor Hockey
- Westside Minor Hockey
- Penticton Minor Hockey
- Vernon Minor Hockey
- Winfield Minor Hockey
- Pepsi Premier Hockey League
- Kelowna Ball Hockey
- Okanagan Ball Hockey
- Penticton Ball Hockey
- Sunplex Ball Hockey
- Field Hockey Okanagan
- Okanagan Rockets
- Lake Country Old-Timers Hockey Association
- Orchard City Hockey League
- Kelowna Heat Spring Hockey
- Okanagan All Stars Hockey Club
- BCHL | KIJHL | WHL | NHL
- Kelowna Women's Soccer
- Kelowna Men's Soccer
- Okanagan Challenge
- Kelowna United FC
- Central Okanagan Youth
- Kelowna Youth Soccer
- Westside Youth Soccer
- Rutland Youth Soccer
- Lake Country Youth Soccer
- Penticton Soccer Club
- South Okanagan Similkameen Youth Soccer
- Thompson Okanagan Football Club
- Sunplex Futsal League
- Pepsi Premier Soccer League
- CSA | FIFA | MLS
- Kelowna AquaJets
- Liquid Lightning Swim Club
- Ogopogo Summer Swim Club
- Okanagan Masters Swim Club
- Kelowna Masters Swim Club
- Kelowna Badminton Club
- The Penticton Yacht & Tennis
- OK Mission Tennis
- Lakeview Heights Tennis
- Vernon Tennis Association
- Squash BC Okanagan League
- ESPN Tennis
Does your local team have a website?
Email us to add your community sports link.
Cover your team's games! Write up a story and email us email@example.com for publication here.
- Race favourite Orb readies for Preakness Stakes
- Sacramento Kings staying put
- Sweden's Alex Edler suspended for remainder of hockey worlds
- Ian Poulter ousted from World Match Play Championship
- Wharnsby: Senators insert Benoit, Latendresse for Game 2
- Stanley Cup Playoffs: Friday's Need to Know
- Blue Jays quarter-season report card
- Sens' Paul MacLean up for Jack Adams Award as top coach
- Alex Ferguson set for career finale with Man Utd
- Top seed Novak Djokovic bounced by Tomas Berdych in Rome
- Memorial Cup: Players to watch
- Canada's Ryder Hesjedal pulls out of Giro d'Italia
(Click for RSS instructions.)