Jan 12, 2013 / 7:23 am
KATMANDU, Nepal - A police official says a bus veered off a mountain road in west Nepal leaving at least 30 people dead and several more injured.
Police official Ramesh Bahadur Dhanuk said the bus drove off the gravel road Saturday in a remote mountainous area near Chatiwan village.
It was dark and the area was covered in thick fog.
The bus rolled about 300 metres from the road.
Rescuers and local villagers helped the pull the dead and injured from the wreckage.
Among the dead were 22 men, seven women and a child.
Read more World News
- Tiger gets hairball surgery
- Stockholm riots continue
- UK attack could be terrorists
- Captors release 7
- FBI kill man in Orlando
- Trial set for Costa Concordia captain
- Climbers aged 80 & 81 race up Everest
- Search for tornado survivors nears end
- Race on to find tornado survivors
- Suicide in Notre Dame Cathedral
- 14 Afghan police killed in day of attacks
- Tornado death toll now at 24
(Click for RSS instructions.)