Jan 12, 2013 / 7:23 am
KATMANDU, Nepal - A police official says a bus veered off a mountain road in west Nepal leaving at least 30 people dead and several more injured.
Police official Ramesh Bahadur Dhanuk said the bus drove off the gravel road Saturday in a remote mountainous area near Chatiwan village.
It was dark and the area was covered in thick fog.
The bus rolled about 300 metres from the road.
Rescuers and local villagers helped the pull the dead and injured from the wreckage.
Among the dead were 22 men, seven women and a child.
Read more World News
- Kim Jong Un removes uncle from power
- US and Pakistan - the special meeting
- 100,000 march in Bangkok
- Storm blankets NFL fields with snow
- Uncle ousted for 'anti-state' acts
- Thousands attend Paul Walker memorial
- Dead whales found-part of stranded pod
- Israeli president willing to meet Iran's
- Presidents & royalty at Mandela service
- Prince Harry's Antarctic race called off
- Susan Boyle diagnosed with Asperger's
- Thailand crisis deepens
(Click for RSS instructions.)