Jan 11, 2013 / 2:14 pm
Update: Highway 5 is now reopen following a vehicle incident. DriveBC warns drivers to expect traffic congestion.
Highway 5, the Coquihalla is closed at exit 221/Fall Lake near the summit.
The closure is due to a motor vehicle crash.
No detour is available.
According to DriveBC, estimated time of reopening is between 2:30 and 3:30.
Another update is expected about 2:30 p.m.
Read more BC News
- Tips for staying safe this long weekend
- Body recovered at Golden Ears Park
- Body recovered from creek
- Fire prohibitions start today
- Elections BC: don't tweet on election day
- Fire fighters aided by rain, cool temps
- Ferry officer will appeal conviction
- ATV rider swept over falls, killed
- Evacuation order lifted near Ashcroft
- Rock hits tent killing girl, 10 and her dad
- Hwy. 97C at Ashcroft is open
- Fisherman catches a body in his net
(Click for RSS instructions.)