Jan 11, 2013 / 2:14 pm
Update: Highway 5 is now reopen following a vehicle incident. DriveBC warns drivers to expect traffic congestion.
Highway 5, the Coquihalla is closed at exit 221/Fall Lake near the summit.
The closure is due to a motor vehicle crash.
No detour is available.
According to DriveBC, estimated time of reopening is between 2:30 and 3:30.
Another update is expected about 2:30 p.m.
Read more BC News
- Boater rescued from remote BC channel
- 54,000 without power near Victoria
- Crash near Cranbrook kills 2
- School trustees want special hydro rate
- Sea otter shot in face now stable
- Richmond man shot in tile store
- Incest father has sentence doubled
- BC NDP seeks to abolish Senate
- Driver plows SUV in grocery store
- BC strikes tentative union deals
- Teen labelled as high risk for terrorism
- Pot referendum pipe dream up in smoke
(Click for RSS instructions.)