Jan 11, 2013 / 1:31 pm
A 38-year-old Revelstoke man is facing a charge of voyeurism, after he was caught trying to capture images of people using a changing room at a community centre.
An employee of the Revelstoke Community Centre observed a man who appeared to be utilizing his cell phone to view under the change room doors, on Saturday Jan. 5.
RCMP were immediately notified and the employee detained the man until the police arrived.
The local resident was arrested by police, his cell phone seized and police also executed a search warrant at the man's house to seize his home computers. They will be sent for forensic examination.
The man has since been released on conditions which include not returning to the Community Centre and will appear in court on Feb. 6.
The City of Revelstoke is working with the Revelstoke RCMP in reviewing their security measures to ensure that the proper safety and comfort of all community centre clients is maintained.
If anyone utilizing the community centre in the past several months has observed any suspicious behaviour, they are asked to contact the Revelstoke RCMP Detachment at 250-837-5255.
Read more BC News
- Police investigate Surrey shooting
- Hotel staff find dead body
- A cherry of a deal with China
- Cyclist killed near Kamloops
- SUV crashes off Mayne Island
- Man and woman hurt in double shooting
- Pipeline spill southwest of Merritt
- Charges laid in skateboard assault case
- Pipeline backlash following latest spill
- Crash of small plane claims lone pilot
- Woman gives birth at Richmond mall
- Pin pad fraud
(Click for RSS instructions.)