Jan 11, 2013 / 6:32 am
The bodies of a Canadian couple have been found inside their townhouse in Hallandale Beach, Florida.
The Miami Herald reports the couple were discovered after a concerned neighbour found them inside their townhouse in the eastern Florida community between Miami and Fort Lauderdale.
Hallandale Beach police spokeswoman Sonia Quinones told the newspaper the neighbour had a key to the townhouse and went to check on the couple late Thursday afternoon.
The man and woman, believed to be in their 70s, had failed to show up for lunch with the neighbour on Wednesday and had not answered repeated phone calls.
Police, who were still at the home late Thursday, said the names of the victims would not be released until relatives were notified.
The Herald reports the couple was known to spend winters in Hallandale Beach.
Read more Canada News
- Harper sings, but he doesn't dance
- Inmate takes hostage at Edmonton jail
- Cdn torture policy irks security alliance
- Animal abuse law enforcement lacking
- RCMP arrest man on spying charges
- Avoid the legal pitfalls at office parties
- Canada to file Arctic seafloor claim
- Fish-farm's still stuck on Atlantic salmon
- Families remember deadly plane crash
- Four teens killed after crash on NB Hwy
- $50-million Lotto Max jackpot unclaimed
- Pot-smoking Mountie returns serge