Jan 11, 2013 / 6:32 am
The bodies of a Canadian couple have been found inside their townhouse in Hallandale Beach, Florida.
The Miami Herald reports the couple were discovered after a concerned neighbour found them inside their townhouse in the eastern Florida community between Miami and Fort Lauderdale.
Hallandale Beach police spokeswoman Sonia Quinones told the newspaper the neighbour had a key to the townhouse and went to check on the couple late Thursday afternoon.
The man and woman, believed to be in their 70s, had failed to show up for lunch with the neighbour on Wednesday and had not answered repeated phone calls.
Police, who were still at the home late Thursday, said the names of the victims would not be released until relatives were notified.
The Herald reports the couple was known to spend winters in Hallandale Beach.
Read more Canada News
- Over a million on boil-water advisory
- Chief guilty of sexual assault stays chief
- Two face murder in Bosma death
- Ford folly cracks up late night TV
- RCMP families want help
- Liberals want hearings on Harper's office
- Mother yells as driver appears in court
- Ford to crack open scandal today
- Rally calls for end to ties with monarchy
- Village mourns fishermen
- Wind turbine proposal for Juno Beach
- PM's new chief of staff