Imagine a life filled with activities, moments, events and experiences that truly “feed the soul.” Take a moment to think back to the last six months. Write down and inventory all of those activities that you were doing when you experienced these physically, emotionally and spiritually rewarding moments.
Having the mindset to understand what activities you were doing that made you feel so amazing, rejuvenated and energized after you had completed it, can make all the difference when you are looking to make some changes in your routine, schedule or life. Knowing what makes us feel great and finding time to allow yourself to enjoy the well deserved time to incorporate into a balanced lifestyle routine, is the first step to either make a change or an addition into your life.
Take for example those that are looking to embrace a healthier and more active lifestyle, this first step will help you to find those physical activities that will have you waking up in the morning revved up for the workout of choice that will keep you engaged, looking forward to and on track with achieving and surpassing your goals… allowing for this to be a lifestyle transformation…. not just a seasonal or short term attempt.
For those that are looking to experience greater joy in the activities that you spend your free time doing, this is the perfect opportunity for you to find out what things truly make you feel great and to make it happen more often!! Life is about living to its greatest potential, and this understanding is how you can make it happen. For those that are trying to implement activities and exercise into your life and have had no luck finding something that truly makes you smile from the inside out, check out the following list of activities. Select as many as you like and give them all a try to see what is most enjoyable and results oriented for you!
- Workout in the gym - Is great if you know how to work out! Hire a trainer or go with a friend if you are unsure of how to properly use the equipment.
- Cross fit – Great if you need to change up your routine in the gym, would not recommend for beginners.
- Group fitness classes – Spin, Boot camps : Great to meet like-minded people and have an instructor monitor your techniques, form and to motivate you.
- Zumba, Bellyfit, Latin dance – all great to get your heart pumping, high energy music… perfect to help strengthen your core and move your body and really have some fun!
- Yoga- if one style didn’t work… you may have been in the wrong style class, ask questions about the style of yoga… a beginner may not enjoy a power flow class.
- Outdoor snow sports: Snowshoeing, cross country skiing – great way to bond with family and friends and experience the beautiful of nature on top of a great workout.
- Downhill skiing, Snowboarding- learning curve, but absolutely a fantastic workout! It’s never too late to learn!
- Hikes, outdoor walks – Any time of the year, keep your heart rate up and reap the rewards.
- Racquetball, Tennis - No need to wait for summer, find a club with indoor amenities
- Indoor sports – Soccer, Volleyball, Basketball, All sport - Team sports are always fun, motivating and great socializing.
- Ice skating- get outdoors or indoors, build up leg strength and have fun!
- Indoor rock climbing - Upper and lower body workout, indoor studio for winter or summer.
For those that say there is nothing to do in the winter time, I ask you to think about how many activities you have not thought about trying on this list! Please remember it can be frustrating and may not feel fun or rewarding when trying something new with the learning curve. Give your new activity or sport enough time to learn the ropes before deciding if you love it and are able to reap the rewards of it. So embrace the change, get rid of all expectations, have fun and remember burning calories and building strength is rewarding in so many ways. Don’t stop!
If you have any questions, comments, requests for the next topic, please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org