Jan 9, 2013 / 9:25 pm
The BC Coroners Service has confirmed the identity of a man who died as a result of a snowboarding accident at Big White Ski Resort on Jan. 8.
The man is Nickolas Voyer-Taylor, aged 22, from Winnipeg, MB.
Voyer-Taylor, a seasonal employee and resident of the resort, had been snowboarding when he was found by other skiers partially submerged in water in a snow well.
He was recovered by Ski Patrol and transported to Kelowna General Hospital where he died after resuscitation efforts were unsuccessful.
The BC Coroners Service continues to investigate.
Read more Kelowna News
City of Kelowna
Kelowna Discussion Forum
Kelowna's Cultural District
Kelowna Road Closures
William R. Bennett Bridge
Central Okanagan Regional District
District of Peachland
District of Lake Country
School District 23
Okanagan Regional Library
- Cost of dying going up Dec 8
- Paper carrier sent to VGH Dec 7
- Roses for women's awareness Dec 7
- Lights aglow on Big White Dec 7
- Creating community Dec 7
- Disabled person given the squeeze Dec 7
- Free Wi-Fi Dec 7
- Jail for man who beat his grandfather Dec 7
- Another transit driver assaulted Dec 6
- Kelowna taxpayers face hike Dec 6