Jan 9, 2013 / 9:25 pm
The BC Coroners Service has confirmed the identity of a man who died as a result of a snowboarding accident at Big White Ski Resort on Jan. 8.
The man is Nickolas Voyer-Taylor, aged 22, from Winnipeg, MB.
Voyer-Taylor, a seasonal employee and resident of the resort, had been snowboarding when he was found by other skiers partially submerged in water in a snow well.
He was recovered by Ski Patrol and transported to Kelowna General Hospital where he died after resuscitation efforts were unsuccessful.
The BC Coroners Service continues to investigate.
Read more Kelowna News
City of Kelowna
Kelowna Discussion Forum
Kelowna's Cultural District
Kelowna Road Closures
William R. Bennett Bridge
Central Okanagan Regional District
District of Peachland
District of Lake Country
School District 23
- City to test family alcohol zone Jun 18
- Missing teenager has been found Jun 17
- Attempted murder charges laid Jun 17
- Gas leak capped on Borden Ave. Jun 17
- Wiens trial to resume in July Jun 17
- Room to grow - hotel tax continues Jun 17
- Sugar closes sorting plant Jun 17
- Assault sends one man to hospital Jun 17
- Memory card looking for a home Jun 17
- Firetrucks off to Peru Jun 17