Jan 10, 2013 / 6:06 am
Kelowna RCMP advise that many streets in the Kelowna area are extremely icy this morning due to Wednesday's thaw followed by cooler overnight temperatures.
Please drive cautiously during the morning commute and in particular allow for significantly increased stopping distances at many intersections.
Tim Benwell told us via twitter that Lakeshore is covered in it and Princeton Rd. in Peachland is also bad tweets Toby Grover.
The ice problems started last night.
Kelowna RCMP were called to a single-vehicle accident on Union Rd. in Glenmore at around 8 P.M. Wednesday.
Fortunately the occupants walked away unhurt, but it caused traffic to back up on the icy hill.
Read more Kelowna News
City of Kelowna
Kelowna Discussion Forum
Kelowna's Cultural District
Kelowna Road Closures
William R. Bennett Bridge
Central Okanagan Regional District
District of Peachland
District of Lake Country
School District 23
- Gas leak capped on Borden Ave. Jun 17
- Wiens trial to resume in July Jun 17
- Room to grow - hotel tax continues Jun 17
- Sugar closes sorting plant Jun 17
- Assault sends one man to hospital Jun 17
- Memory card looking for a home Jun 17
- Firetrucks off to Peru Jun 17
- Weather Report Jun 17
- Motorcycle, deer collide near Rutland Jun 16
- Bee gone Bernard honey makers Jun 16