Jan 10, 2013 / 6:06 am
Kelowna RCMP advise that many streets in the Kelowna area are extremely icy this morning due to Wednesday's thaw followed by cooler overnight temperatures.
Please drive cautiously during the morning commute and in particular allow for significantly increased stopping distances at many intersections.
Tim Benwell told us via twitter that Lakeshore is covered in it and Princeton Rd. in Peachland is also bad tweets Toby Grover.
The ice problems started last night.
Kelowna RCMP were called to a single-vehicle accident on Union Rd. in Glenmore at around 8 P.M. Wednesday.
Fortunately the occupants walked away unhurt, but it caused traffic to back up on the icy hill.
Read more Kelowna News
City of Kelowna
Kelowna Discussion Forum
Kelowna's Cultural District
Kelowna Road Closures
William R. Bennett Bridge
Central Okanagan Regional District
District of Peachland
District of Lake Country
School District 23
Okanagan Regional Library
- Big White Sweater Ball Dec 9
- Christmas display going up at Kerry Park Dec 9
- Castanet's Week in Review Dec 8
- Kelowna teens 'write for rights' Dec 8
- Paper carrier waits for crucial surgery Dec 8
- Cost of dying going up Dec 8
- Paper carrier sent to VGH Dec 7
- Roses for women's awareness Dec 7
- Lights aglow on Big White Dec 7
- Creating community Dec 7