Jan 9, 2013 / 10:20 am
A Lake Country firefighter was injured on the job Tuesday.
While attending an emergency medical call Tuesday afternoon on Okanagan Centre Road West a Lake Country Firefighter suffered a fall and a resulting leg injury.
The firefighters had just completed assisting BC ambulance with a call when the incident occurred.
He was transported to Kelowna General hospital by ambulance and is expected to undergo surgery this (Wednesday) morning.
Read more Central Okanagan articles
City of Kelowna
Kelowna Discussion Forum
Kelowna's Cultural District
Kelowna Road Closures
William R. Bennett Bridge
Central Okanagan Regional District
District of Peachland
District of Lake Country
School District 23
- Slow weekend for forest fires May 20
- World of Wheels photo gallery May 19
- World of Wheels 2013 this Sunday May 16
- Road safety week speeders catch fines May 14
- Fire halls agree to share in emergencies May 11