Jan 9, 2013 / 4:00 pm
Highway 1 Both directions.
Road reopened in both directions at Jackass Mountain Summit (361 metres) at 3:58 p.m.
Highway 3 Both directions:
Road reopened 6 km. west of Saturday Creek, South of Princeton to Princeton. Updated on Wed Jan. 9 at 10:39 a.m.
Highway 1 Both directions:
Road reopened 27 km. west of Revelstoke to 9 km west of Revelstoke. Updated on Wed Jan. 9 at 10:13 a.m.
Highway 5 Both directions
Opened in both directions from Hope to Merritt.
Reopened 9 a.m. Wednesday morning.
Closed in both directions from Hope to Merritt because of high avalanche hazard. No local detour available. Estimated time of opening is not available; assessment In progress. Next update 7 am.
Estimated time of opening currently not available, assessment in progress.
Closed in both directions from Junction with Highway 1, in Hope to Allison Pass Summit (55.1 km) because of High Avalanche Hazard. No detour available. Estimated Time of Opening 10:00 a.m. Wednesday.
The accumulation of snow over the last 24 hours is the reason behind the closures. Here is the snowfall warning for Hwy. 5.
Heavy snowfall Highway 5 Both directions
- Heavy snowfall from Junction with Highway 3 near Hope to Merritt Tuesday continuing through Wednesday morning.
- Daily accumulations could reach 40 to 75 cm over the summit. Travellers are advised to consider alternate plans.
Read more BC News
- Boater rescued from remote BC channel
- 54,000 without power near Victoria
- Crash near Cranbrook kills 2
- School trustees want special hydro rate
- Sea otter shot in face now stable
- Richmond man shot in tile store
- Incest father has sentence doubled
- BC NDP seeks to abolish Senate
- Driver plows SUV in grocery store
- BC strikes tentative union deals
- Teen labelled as high risk for terrorism
- Pot referendum pipe dream up in smoke
(Click for RSS instructions.)