Jan 8, 2013 / 11:23 am
One of the men accused of setting another man on fire at a Kelowna house party on Dec. 8 of last year made another appearance in court this morning.
Josh McWhirter, 18, appeared via video link from the Kamloops Regional Correctional Centre where he is in custody charged with one count of aggravated assault.
The case is in the arraignment process, but McWhirter’s counsel has requested more disclosure.
He will make his next appearance on Jan. 15 to deal with election and an arraignment hearing.
The other man charged in this crime, 20-year-old Mathew Sweet-Grant, pleaded guilty to aggravated assault and assault with a weapon in December.
Read more Kelowna News
City of Kelowna
Kelowna Discussion Forum
Kelowna's Cultural District
Kelowna Road Closures
William R. Bennett Bridge
Central Okanagan Regional District
District of Peachland
District of Lake Country
School District 23
- Cross-dressing groper on the loose May 16
- Kelowna crime down in first quarter May 15
- Liberal triumph good for business May 15
- Mission Creek flood watch lifted May 14
- Paving coming to a road near you May 14
- Two-wheel transportation turns the tide May 14
- Capital spending may top $500M by 2020 May 14
- Kelowna Council highlights May 13
- Water Quality Advisory - Black Mountain May 13
- May Day parade set for Saturday May 13