Jan 7, 2013 / 4:00 pm
Whistler RCMP are investigating a sudden death which occurred on Whistler Mountain Sunday.
RCMP were contacted after a skier on “Franz’s Meadows” was passing a cliff area and noticed a male who appeared to be in need of help. When the male didn’t respond to the passerby, he contacted Whistler Blackcomb Ski Patrol to attend.
RCMP from Whistler Detachment also attended the scene.
“Attempts were made to treat the male by ski patrol and physicians at the scene, however, they were unable to revive the male,” noted Sgt. Rob Knapton from the Whistler Detachment.
“From the male’s injuries and the location of the body, it appears that the male fell from the cliff area above Franz’s Meadows. Whistler RCMP are still investigating along with the BC Coroner Service to determine exactly what occurred.”
The name of the deceased, a 43-year-old from Oklahoma is being withheld pending notification of their next of kin.
Read more BC News
- Grand theft vessel after ferry stolen
- Family of five submerged in river
- Highway 1 reopened
- Victim identified in Vancouver homicide
- Man arrested after calling 9-1-1 for help
- Hunter found after cold BC night
- 60-year-old shot and killed
- Snowboarder dies on Grouse Mtn.
- Child abductor gets 6 years in prison
- Temperatures to drop next week
- Weekend road report
- Elderly man kills two pedestrians
(Click for RSS instructions.)