Jan 7, 2013 / 11:31 am
Monday's snowstorm has caused delays or cancellations of a number of flights at Kelowna International Airport.
Earlier a plane had to be pulled off the apron after its front wheel got stuck in the snow.
West Kelowna resident Tom Michaluk says his Central Mountain Air flight to Prince George has been delayed until crews are able to clear the runway of snow.
"There's a lack of snow clearing equipment on the tarmac," says Michaluk.
"Once they're (United flight) out, I think they'll be able to clear around the Central Mountain flight."
Michaluk says the low cloud cover around the airport is also starting to clear.
A number of flights heading into YLW have been delayed including a charter flight heading for Mexico.
Michaluk says that flight for Puerto Vallarta had to turn around and return to Vancouver but it is expected to arrive around 11:30 a.m.
Two Air Canada flights to Vancouver and Calgary have both been cancelled because the inbound flights were unable to land.
"Lots of people are here just milling about waiting," added Michaluk.
Anybody scheduled to depart or waiting for people to arrive at YLW should check here.
Read more Kelowna News
City of Kelowna
Kelowna Discussion Forum
Kelowna's Cultural District
Kelowna Road Closures
William R. Bennett Bridge
Central Okanagan Regional District
District of Peachland
District of Lake Country
School District 23
- More eyes in the sky May 18
- Body recovered from Ok Lake May 17
- City Hall to ask elected MLAs for cash May 17
- Cyclist hit on Baron Rd. May 16
- Collision causes gas spill May 16
- Cross-dressing groper on the loose May 16
- Kelowna crime down in first quarter May 15
- Liberal triumph good for business May 15
- Mission Creek flood watch lifted May 14
- Paving coming to a road near you May 14