Jan 7, 2013 / 7:56 am
San Francisco police searched Sunday for a man suspected of throwing a flammable liquid at his girlfriend and severely burning her.
Officer Carlos Manfredi said witnesses in the city's Bayview District reported hearing the woman screaming. She was taken to a hospital burn unit with life-threatening injuries.
Investigators believe her attacker was 22-year-old Dexter Oliver.
Manfredi said Oliver had a "dating relationship" with the woman, but he did not know the circumstances that led to the attack.
The victim's sister told KGO-TV that Oliver doused his girlfriend with gasoline and lit her on fire during an argument at a nearby Laundromat.
Precious Craig said most of her sister's face was burnt, and that the family expects her to recover.
Read more World News
- Suicide bomber takes cadets hostage
- Face transplant saves man's life (photo)
- 80-year-old stands on top of the world
- Tiger gets hairball surgery
- Stockholm riots continue
- UK attack could be terrorists
- Captors release 7
- FBI kill man in Orlando
- Trial set for Costa Concordia captain
- Climbers aged 80 & 81 race up Everest
- Search for tornado survivors nears end
- Race on to find tornado survivors
(Click for RSS instructions.)