Jan 7, 2013 / 7:56 am
San Francisco police searched Sunday for a man suspected of throwing a flammable liquid at his girlfriend and severely burning her.
Officer Carlos Manfredi said witnesses in the city's Bayview District reported hearing the woman screaming. She was taken to a hospital burn unit with life-threatening injuries.
Investigators believe her attacker was 22-year-old Dexter Oliver.
Manfredi said Oliver had a "dating relationship" with the woman, but he did not know the circumstances that led to the attack.
The victim's sister told KGO-TV that Oliver doused his girlfriend with gasoline and lit her on fire during an argument at a nearby Laundromat.
Precious Craig said most of her sister's face was burnt, and that the family expects her to recover.
Read more World News
- Cuddling biz closed amid brothel claims
- Thai premier says she will not resign
- Mob violence escalates in Africa
- Riot police deployed to Ukranian protest
- Kim Jong Un removes uncle from power
- US and Pakistan - the special meeting
- 100,000 march in Bangkok
- Storm blankets NFL fields with snow
- Uncle ousted for 'anti-state' acts
- Thousands attend Paul Walker memorial
- Dead whales found-part of stranded pod
- Israeli president willing to meet Iran's
(Click for RSS instructions.)