Vernon and North Okanagan
Jan 7, 2013 / 5:00 am
Annual Water Main flushing continues in the City of Vernon and Electoral Areas “B” and “C”.
Flushing signs will be posted in your area when crews are working.
Flushing removes accumulated sand and silt from the water mains and is a process used to improve water quality for public health.
When crews are flushing in your area you may notice a reduction in water pressure, additional sediment or discoloration of the water.
During this time, you may choose to boil or not drink the water. Checking your water before doing laundry is strongly advised. Please be considerate of crews working and drive carefully in work areas.
For daily updates, please contact RDNO–Greater Vernon Water at 250.550.3700.
Read more Vernon / N. Okanagan News
- Push ups to save wife's teeth Dec 5
- Water main break in Vernon Dec 5
- Lumby RCMP looking for volunteers Dec 5
- Enderby home destroyed by fire Dec 4
- Vernon man stabbed in his home Dec 4
- Salmon Arm home invasion Dec 3
- Icy roads keep Salmon Arm RCMP busy Dec 3