Jan 7, 2013 / 5:00 am
Regional parks staff want to get families into the great outdoors at least once a month.
Join Regional Parks staff as they provide some free winter activities for the entire family at the 'Families in Parks' events in January, February, March and April.
On Saturday, January 12th between 1 and 3 p.m., Discover Snow at Mission Creek Regional Park, Springfield and Durnin Roads. Families should meet at the park gazebo before setting out to hunt for animal tracks in the snow, make a snow fort, create some snowy crafts and even taste some snow mold maple toffee!
To register your family, for this free event or other 'Families in Parks' events, please drop in to the Environmental Education Centre for the Okanagan in Mission Creek Regional Park at 2363 A Springfield Road (intersection of Springfield and Durnin Roads). November to March - Tuesday to Sunday from 10 a.m. - 3 p.m. (closed Monday and some statutory holidays).
You can also email [email protected] or phone 250-469-6140.
For more information about this or other Regional Park programs please visit the Regional District website regionaldistrict.com/parks or contact the EECO at 250-469-6140.
Read more Kelowna News
City of Kelowna
Kelowna Discussion Forum
Kelowna's Cultural District
Kelowna Road Closures
William R. Bennett Bridge
Central Okanagan Regional District
District of Peachland
District of Lake Country
School District 23
Okanagan Regional Library
- Glenmore food drive tonight Dec 9
- Garage fire quickly knocked down Dec 9
- Thrift store celebrates 10 years strong Dec 9
- Big White Sweater Ball Dec 9
- Castanet's Week in Review Dec 8
- Kelowna teens 'write for rights' Dec 8
- Paper carrier waits for crucial surgery Dec 8
- Cost of dying going up Dec 8
- Paper carrier sent to VGH Dec 7
- Roses for women's awareness Dec 7