Jan 7, 2013 / 5:00 am
Regional parks staff want to get families into the great outdoors at least once a month.
Join Regional Parks staff as they provide some free winter activities for the entire family at the 'Families in Parks' events in January, February, March and April.
On Saturday, January 12th between 1 and 3 p.m., Discover Snow at Mission Creek Regional Park, Springfield and Durnin Roads. Families should meet at the park gazebo before setting out to hunt for animal tracks in the snow, make a snow fort, create some snowy crafts and even taste some snow mold maple toffee!
To register your family, for this free event or other 'Families in Parks' events, please drop in to the Environmental Education Centre for the Okanagan in Mission Creek Regional Park at 2363 A Springfield Road (intersection of Springfield and Durnin Roads). November to March - Tuesday to Sunday from 10 a.m. - 3 p.m. (closed Monday and some statutory holidays).
You can also email email@example.com or phone 250-469-6140.
For more information about this or other Regional Park programs please visit the Regional District website regionaldistrict.com/parks or contact the EECO at 250-469-6140.
Read more Kelowna News
City of Kelowna
Kelowna Discussion Forum
Kelowna's Cultural District
Kelowna Road Closures
William R. Bennett Bridge
Central Okanagan Regional District
District of Peachland
District of Lake Country
School District 23
- Room to grow - hotel tax continues Jun 17
- Sugar closes sorting plant Jun 17
- Assault sends one man to hospital Jun 17
- Memory card looking for a home Jun 17
- Firetrucks off to Peru Jun 17
- Weather Report Jun 17
- Motorcycle, deer collide near Rutland Jun 16
- Bee gone Bernard honey makers Jun 16
- Fishing derby anglers reel 'em in Jun 16
- Ride Don't Hide supports mental health Jun 16