Jan 5, 2013 / 7:27 am
A Port Coquitlam, B.C. woman is Canada's first lottery millionaire of 2013.
Jessica Williams matched all six numbers in the first Lotto 6-49 draw of the year to win almost $3.5 million.
She says she discovered the win after filling her car at a gas station while heading back to work on Jan. 3.
Immediately after leaving the gas station, Williams says she just sat in her car and cried and is "still numb."
Williams says she bought the ticket at a Shoppers Drug Mart in Coquitlam while picking up some groceries on New Year's Day and "always hoped and prayed" that she would win big one day.
Williams plans to help family members, do some travelling, get her own place and car and "can`t wait to go shopping."
Read more Canada News
- Village mourns fishermen
- Wind turbine proposal for Juno Beach
- PM's new chief of staff
- Anarchist 'panda' leads a new fight
- Warm summer forecast for Canada
- Hidden camera nails care home workers
- Feds buying ads that don't exist
- Petition to rename Victoria Day
- Military supplies stuck in Afghanistan
- Public raising funds to buy alleged video
- Antipsychotic drug recalled in Canada
- Search resumes for missing fishermen