Jan 5, 2013 / 7:27 am
A Port Coquitlam, B.C. woman is Canada's first lottery millionaire of 2013.
Jessica Williams matched all six numbers in the first Lotto 6-49 draw of the year to win almost $3.5 million.
She says she discovered the win after filling her car at a gas station while heading back to work on Jan. 3.
Immediately after leaving the gas station, Williams says she just sat in her car and cried and is "still numb."
Williams says she bought the ticket at a Shoppers Drug Mart in Coquitlam while picking up some groceries on New Year's Day and "always hoped and prayed" that she would win big one day.
Williams plans to help family members, do some travelling, get her own place and car and "can`t wait to go shopping."
Read more Canada News
- Astronaut adjusting to 'earthling' life
- Elijah Harper's body will lie in state
- Spectator killed during Jeep demo
- Panda exhibit opens at Toronto Zoo
- Fishermen missing off NB coast
- Toronto Mayor Rob Ford cancels show
- Family found unconscious in fire
- Saskatchewan zombies
- Sen. Pamela Wallin latest to leave caucus
- 5.1 earthquake near Ottawa
- Mom and 5-year-old killed in Calgary
- Cocaine video & Toronto's mayor