Jan 5, 2013 / 7:27 am
A Port Coquitlam, B.C. woman is Canada's first lottery millionaire of 2013.
Jessica Williams matched all six numbers in the first Lotto 6-49 draw of the year to win almost $3.5 million.
She says she discovered the win after filling her car at a gas station while heading back to work on Jan. 3.
Immediately after leaving the gas station, Williams says she just sat in her car and cried and is "still numb."
Williams says she bought the ticket at a Shoppers Drug Mart in Coquitlam while picking up some groceries on New Year's Day and "always hoped and prayed" that she would win big one day.
Williams plans to help family members, do some travelling, get her own place and car and "can`t wait to go shopping."
Read more Canada News
- Harper sings, but he doesn't dance
- Inmate takes hostage at Edmonton jail
- Cdn torture policy irks security alliance
- Animal abuse law enforcement lacking
- RCMP arrest man on spying charges
- Avoid the legal pitfalls at office parties
- Canada to file Arctic seafloor claim
- Fish-farm's still stuck on Atlantic salmon
- Families remember deadly plane crash
- Four teens killed after crash on NB Hwy
- $50-million Lotto Max jackpot unclaimed
- Pot-smoking Mountie returns serge