Jan 4, 2013 / 1:02 pm
A West Kelowna man charged with Possession for the Purpose of Trafficking a Controlled Substance and other drug offences less than three weeks ago is now facing several new charges after his arrest Wednesday evening.
On January 2, the Kelowna Gang Suppression Unit arrested Austin William Murray, 33, and Chelsea Elizabeth Kibzey, 24, in Kelowna after they departed a suspected drug house on Kinnear Avenue. Police then executed a search warrant on the couple's West Kelowna residence.
Police located and seized two handguns, one of which was loaded. In the residence police also located a bullet resistant vest, 12 grams of Crystal Methamphetamine, a small quantity of suspected Heroin, a stolen computer, stolen licence plates and stolen identification. Other suspected stolen identification was also located in the residence and police continue to try and locate owners. Murray and Kibzey were both at large on conditions and are both prohibited from possessing firearms indefinitely due to previous convictions. Both have now been charged with a number of firearms and property offences.
Organized Crime and Street Level Crime remain priorities for the Kelowna RCMP who are committed to the continued targeting of those people engaged in violent lifestyles which disrupt the peace of our community.
Murray and Kibzey are scheduled to appear in Court on January 4, to answer to several new charges.
Read more West Kelowna articles
- 'Mr. Sandman' goes above & beyond Dec 3
- Hockey kids collect for the Philippines Dec 3
- Sandman rescues drivers Dec 2
- Van takes a slide in West Kelowna Dec 2
- West Kelowna fire fighters tackle hunger Dec 1
- Boucherie road reopened after rollover Nov 27
- Chronic runaway still missing Nov 27
- Premier's riding goes 'Up in Smoke' Nov 27
- Latest Westside Road project complete Nov 27
- Fearless coyote kills family dog Nov 26