Jan 4, 2013 / 1:02 pm
A West Kelowna man charged with Possession for the Purpose of Trafficking a Controlled Substance and other drug offences less than three weeks ago is now facing several new charges after his arrest Wednesday evening.
On January 2, the Kelowna Gang Suppression Unit arrested Austin William Murray, 33, and Chelsea Elizabeth Kibzey, 24, in Kelowna after they departed a suspected drug house on Kinnear Avenue. Police then executed a search warrant on the couple's West Kelowna residence.
Police located and seized two handguns, one of which was loaded. In the residence police also located a bullet resistant vest, 12 grams of Crystal Methamphetamine, a small quantity of suspected Heroin, a stolen computer, stolen licence plates and stolen identification. Other suspected stolen identification was also located in the residence and police continue to try and locate owners. Murray and Kibzey were both at large on conditions and are both prohibited from possessing firearms indefinitely due to previous convictions. Both have now been charged with a number of firearms and property offences.
Organized Crime and Street Level Crime remain priorities for the Kelowna RCMP who are committed to the continued targeting of those people engaged in violent lifestyles which disrupt the peace of our community.
Murray and Kibzey are scheduled to appear in Court on January 4, to answer to several new charges.
Read more West Kelowna articles
- Golf course fire ruled an arson May 13
- Uncovering youth homelessness May 13
- Westshore water advisory May 12
- West Kelowna will control its own pests May 12
- Shannon Lake clubhouse video May 11
- Van goes into restaurant May 11
- Clubhouse destroyed by fire May 11
- Mystery driver wrecks car May 10
- Motorists asked to avoid Angus Drive May 10
- Burnt out headlight tips off cops May 9