Jan 4, 2013 / 11:36 am
The man accused of murder in the death of Brittney Irving will stand trial in Kelowna.
An application by Joelon Verma to have the trial moved to another location was denied Thursday by BC Supreme Court Justice, Alison Beames.
Verma has been charged with first-degree murder in the death of Irving who was originally reported missing April 7, 2010.
Police believe Irving was to meet with Verma the day before to sell marijuana.
Her body was discovered in late April. Verma was arrested June 25, 2010 in Rutland.
A six to eight week trial is slated to begin in Kelowna September 3.
Read more Kelowna News
City of Kelowna
Kelowna Discussion Forum
Kelowna's Cultural District
Kelowna Road Closures
William R. Bennett Bridge
Central Okanagan Regional District
District of Peachland
District of Lake Country
School District 23
Okanagan Regional Library
- Jail for man who beat his grandfather Dec 7
- Another transit driver assaulted Dec 6
- Kelowna taxpayers face hike Dec 6
- Tree of Memories honours loved ones Dec 5
- Santa goes hog wild with toy donations Dec 5
- Women's shelter launches text campaign Dec 5
- Neighbourhood crime map Dec 5
- Yacht club build behind schedule Dec 5
- New services to 'Bridge' gap for addicts Dec 5
- Powder chair now open at Big White Dec 5