Jan 4, 2013 / 11:36 am
The man accused of murder in the death of Brittney Irving will stand trial in Kelowna.
An application by Joelon Verma to have the trial moved to another location was denied Thursday by BC Supreme Court Justice, Alison Beames.
Verma has been charged with first-degree murder in the death of Irving who was originally reported missing April 7, 2010.
Police believe Irving was to meet with Verma the day before to sell marijuana.
Her body was discovered in late April. Verma was arrested June 25, 2010 in Rutland.
A six to eight week trial is slated to begin in Kelowna September 3.
Read more Kelowna News
City of Kelowna
Kelowna Discussion Forum
Kelowna's Cultural District
Kelowna Road Closures
William R. Bennett Bridge
Central Okanagan Regional District
District of Peachland
District of Lake Country
School District 23
- Power back on in East Kelowna May 21
- Tuesday crash sends 4 to hospital May 21
- Quiet start to the summer season May 21
- Stabbing arrest May 21
- Last day to register for PlayOn! Kelowna May 21
- Thunderstorm watch in effect May 21
- Calling all green thumbs May 21
- Glenmore crash May 20
- Grad party rollover May 20
- Annual regatta is largest in BC Interior May 19