Jan 4, 2013 / 8:10 am
9:02 a.m. Collisions are continuing this morning and crews are currently dealing with another crash on Highway 33 near Ziprick Road.
In order to remove the affected vehicles, police will have to block the highway for the next 30 minutes. Motorists are asked to avoid the area by taking Hollywood Road or some other alternate route.
That thin layer of early morning snow may look pretty, but looks can be deceiving.
The cold temperature and slight snowfall have created slick conditions and a number of early morning accidents have already occurred, with two accidents reported on Glenmore Road in the past half hour.
Emergency crews are currently on scene of a rollover just north of McKinley Road and within a few minutes were called to another crash on Glenmore Road at Galiano Road.
Kelowna police are asking motorists to slow down and will be setting up along Glenmore to slow down southbound traffic.
We have also heard of another accident involving two vehicles on Hwy. 33 and Gerstmar Road that occured just before 8:30 a.m.
Read more Kelowna News
City of Kelowna
Kelowna Discussion Forum
Kelowna's Cultural District
Kelowna Road Closures
William R. Bennett Bridge
Central Okanagan Regional District
District of Peachland
District of Lake Country
School District 23
- Council toasts new liquor establishment Jun 18
- City to test family alcohol zone Jun 18
- Missing teenager has been found Jun 17
- Attempted murder charges laid Jun 17
- Gas leak capped on Borden Ave. Jun 17
- Wiens trial to resume in July Jun 17
- Room to grow - hotel tax continues Jun 17
- Sugar closes sorting plant Jun 17
- Assault sends one man to hospital Jun 17
- Memory card looking for a home Jun 17