Jan 4, 2013 / 8:10 am
9:02 a.m. Collisions are continuing this morning and crews are currently dealing with another crash on Highway 33 near Ziprick Road.
In order to remove the affected vehicles, police will have to block the highway for the next 30 minutes. Motorists are asked to avoid the area by taking Hollywood Road or some other alternate route.
That thin layer of early morning snow may look pretty, but looks can be deceiving.
The cold temperature and slight snowfall have created slick conditions and a number of early morning accidents have already occurred, with two accidents reported on Glenmore Road in the past half hour.
Emergency crews are currently on scene of a rollover just north of McKinley Road and within a few minutes were called to another crash on Glenmore Road at Galiano Road.
Kelowna police are asking motorists to slow down and will be setting up along Glenmore to slow down southbound traffic.
We have also heard of another accident involving two vehicles on Hwy. 33 and Gerstmar Road that occured just before 8:30 a.m.
Read more Kelowna News
City of Kelowna
Kelowna Discussion Forum
Kelowna's Cultural District
Kelowna Road Closures
William R. Bennett Bridge
Central Okanagan Regional District
District of Peachland
District of Lake Country
School District 23
Okanagan Regional Library
- Santa goes hog wild with toy donations Dec 5
- Women's shelter launches text campaign Dec 5
- Neighbourhood crime map Dec 5
- Yacht club build behind schedule Dec 5
- New services to 'Bridge' gap for addicts Dec 5
- Powder chair now open at Big White Dec 5
- Holiday cheer stocks food bank shelves Dec 5
- Where will medical marijuana be grown? Dec 5
- Happy Hanukkah! Dec 5
- Holiday magic fills local theatre Dec 4