Jan 4, 2013 / 8:10 am
9:02 a.m. Collisions are continuing this morning and crews are currently dealing with another crash on Highway 33 near Ziprick Road.
In order to remove the affected vehicles, police will have to block the highway for the next 30 minutes. Motorists are asked to avoid the area by taking Hollywood Road or some other alternate route.
That thin layer of early morning snow may look pretty, but looks can be deceiving.
The cold temperature and slight snowfall have created slick conditions and a number of early morning accidents have already occurred, with two accidents reported on Glenmore Road in the past half hour.
Emergency crews are currently on scene of a rollover just north of McKinley Road and within a few minutes were called to another crash on Glenmore Road at Galiano Road.
Kelowna police are asking motorists to slow down and will be setting up along Glenmore to slow down southbound traffic.
We have also heard of another accident involving two vehicles on Hwy. 33 and Gerstmar Road that occured just before 8:30 a.m.
Read more Kelowna News
City of Kelowna
Kelowna Discussion Forum
Kelowna's Cultural District
Kelowna Road Closures
William R. Bennett Bridge
Central Okanagan Regional District
District of Peachland
District of Lake Country
School District 23
- Big Red rolls through Kelowna May 22
- Greenway underpasses closed May 22
- Former Miss Kelowna earns gold May 22
- Victim services honour BC Liquor Stores May 22
- New middle school for Upper Mission May 22
- Power back on in East Kelowna May 21
- Tuesday crash sends 4 to hospital May 21
- Quiet start to the summer season May 21
- Stabbing arrest May 21
- Last day to register for PlayOn! Kelowna May 21