Jan 3, 2013 / 12:55 pm
Alleged Westside police shooters Shawn Adam Wysynski and Michael Edward Ellis appeared via video link in the Kelowna Courthouse this morning.
They each face multiple weapons charges, including attempted murder and flight from a peace officer.
Ashley Collins, 19, who is out on bail, was also present. She is accused of three counts of attempted murder and one count of robbery following a high speed chase down Westside Road on July 31 during which shots were fired at RCMP.
The suspects allegedly stole three vehicles during the chase and were finally apprehended on the Swan Lake turnoff near Vernon after police deployed a spike belt.
Wysynski and Ellis were taken into custody and Collins was taken to hospital after suffering a gunshot wound.
The trial is set to begin in two weeks.
Read more West Kelowna articles
- Premier's riding goes 'Up in Smoke' Nov 27
- Latest Westside Road project complete Nov 27
- Fearless coyote kills family dog Nov 26
- Box of wine tossed after crash Nov 25
- Alleged arsonist also property manager Nov 22
- West Kelowna grow-op dismantled Nov 20
- West K set for sweeping zoning changes Nov 20
- Young men brave icy waters to save man Nov 19
- Christmas lights tour for the food bank Nov 19
- Designers wanted for civic centre Nov 18