Jan 3, 2013 / 12:55 pm
Alleged Westside police shooters Shawn Adam Wysynski and Michael Edward Ellis appeared via video link in the Kelowna Courthouse this morning.
They each face multiple weapons charges, including attempted murder and flight from a peace officer.
Ashley Collins, 19, who is out on bail, was also present. She is accused of three counts of attempted murder and one count of robbery following a high speed chase down Westside Road on July 31 during which shots were fired at RCMP.
The suspects allegedly stole three vehicles during the chase and were finally apprehended on the Swan Lake turnoff near Vernon after police deployed a spike belt.
Wysynski and Ellis were taken into custody and Collins was taken to hospital after suffering a gunshot wound.
The trial is set to begin in two weeks.
Read more West Kelowna articles
- Ground water issues a slippery slope Dec 9
- Santa spends a day with our furry kids Dec 9
- Coyote attacks dog in broad daylight Dec 8
- Questions for the mayor Dec 8
- Fire rescue boathouse open Dec 7
- Improvements at Grizzly Road complete Dec 6
- Flash mob prom date proposal Dec 4
- WFN awarded new forest licence Dec 4
- Chamber changes to board of trade Dec 3
- 'Mr. Sandman' goes above & beyond Dec 3