Jan 3, 2013 / 12:55 pm
Alleged Westside police shooters Shawn Adam Wysynski and Michael Edward Ellis appeared via video link in the Kelowna Courthouse this morning.
They each face multiple weapons charges, including attempted murder and flight from a peace officer.
Ashley Collins, 19, who is out on bail, was also present. She is accused of three counts of attempted murder and one count of robbery following a high speed chase down Westside Road on July 31 during which shots were fired at RCMP.
The suspects allegedly stole three vehicles during the chase and were finally apprehended on the Swan Lake turnoff near Vernon after police deployed a spike belt.
Wysynski and Ellis were taken into custody and Collins was taken to hospital after suffering a gunshot wound.
The trial is set to begin in two weeks.
Read more West Kelowna articles
- Golf course fire ruled an arson May 13
- Uncovering youth homelessness May 13
- Westshore water advisory May 12
- West Kelowna will control its own pests May 12
- Shannon Lake clubhouse video May 11
- Van goes into restaurant May 11
- Clubhouse destroyed by fire May 11
- Mystery driver wrecks car May 10
- Motorists asked to avoid Angus Drive May 10
- Burnt out headlight tips off cops May 9