Penticton and South Okanagan
Jan 3, 2013 / 11:39 am
There are many ways to recycle Christmas trees in the Regional District of Okanagan-Similkameen.
All people have to do is remove all tinsel, fake snow and ornaments and then drop them off at designated locations.
The trees will then be chipped and given new life as animal bedding or compost.
By donation, the Penticton Fire Fighters Local 1399 will be collecting trees until Jan. 16,
All donations received will go to the BC Professional Fire Fighters Burn fund and muscular dystrophy charities.
Penticton residents can call (250) 490-2315 to register for collection.
City residents can also drop off natural trees at Fire Hall #2 at 285 Dawson Ave. until Jan. 31.
Read more Penticton / S. Okanagan News
City of Penticton
Penticton Discussion Forum
Penticton & Wine Country Chamber
Regional District Okanagan-Similkameen
District of Summerland
Summerland Chamber & Tourism
Town of Oliver
Town of Osoyoos
Town of Keremeos
School District 67 - Okanagan Skaha
School District 53 - Okanagan Similkameen
Okanagan Regional Library
- Judge: 'Your pyro days are done' Dec 2
- Distillery and electricity rates on agenda Dec 2
- Sentencing in sex assault case Dec 2
- Sage Mesa boil water notice still in effect Dec 1
- Mt. Baldy opening still in limbo Nov 30
- Councillor no longer seeking nomination Nov 29
- Icy roads contribute to accidents Nov 29