Vernon and North Okanagan
Jan 3, 2013 / 11:24 am
Vernon RCMP had a relatively routine end to 2012 and start to 2013.
Police spokesman, Gord Molendyk, only 11 people were handed personal invitations to spend the night at the RCMP's gated hotel.
Most of those according to Molendyk were for fighting and other alcohol related activities.
Molendyk says Silver Star Mountain was very quiet after the midnight fireworks.
"Our officers reported no arrests and everyone seemed to be having a great time. Only a few people were asked to dispose of open liquor," says Molendyk.
Meantime, officers were out in force patrolling roadblocks in several areas of the city New Year's Eve.
- Two IRP fails resulting in 90 day driving prohibitions and 30 day vehicle impounds
- One prohibited driver pursuant to the Criminal Code
- Five speeding offences
- Two intersection offences
- Five tickets for Motor Vehicle Act offences
- Seven written warnings
Read more Vernon / N. Okanagan News
- Enderby home destroyed by fire Dec 4
- Vernon man stabbed in his home Dec 4
- Salmon Arm home invasion Dec 3
- Icy roads keep Salmon Arm RCMP busy Dec 3
- CN confirms interest in rail line Dec 3
- Two cats perish in mobile home fire Dec 2
- Expired car insurance leads to pot bust Dec 2