Accelerate Okanagan are once again hosting their annual New Year Kick Off Party at the Laurel Packinghouse on Jan 11th. For those who haven't noticed we have a growing tech community in Kelowna. Its safe to say it started with Club Penguin (http://www.castanet.net/news/What-s-On/81304/The-story-of-Club-Penguin-Tonight ) but through some significant government support, and a gathering of digital creatives we have a small but strong tech community.
Last year they founded a new event to celebrate everything tech and digital. Well actually that might be a stretch. From the video below it more looked like they wanted to throw a great party.
Last year over 300 community members enjoyed an evening of great local food, drink and entertainment.
- Friday, Jan 11th, 2013
- Laurel Packinghouse
To keep you entertained:
- The Blue Room
- Poker, Blackjack & Roulette
- Games, meetups and a few surprises brought to you by Digital Okanagan
- Tunes from DJ Flyin’ Hawaiian
Ticket price: $30 per person (Premium Members: $20) including a free taxi ride home sponsored by Capri Insurance. This is a ticket-only event. Tickets MUST be bought by 5pm, January 9th. Last year was a complete sell out so sign up quickly to avoid disappointment.
Register Here: http://ao2013.eventbrite.com/
Read more What's On articles
The views expressed are strictly those of the author and not necessarily those of Castanet. Castanet presents its columns "as is" and does not warrant the contents.
- 100 Women Who Care Aug 28
- West Kelowna Music Festival Aug 20
- Robert Finely Tuned Aug 13
- Feast of Fields Aug 7
- Okanagan Fruit Tree Project Jul 31
- Tale of Two Festivals Jul 24
- Get Inked in Kelowna Jul 17
- Rediscover Parks Alive! Jul 10
- Music in the Park returns Jul 3
- Canada Day schedule Jun 30
- Aloha Keloha Jun 20
- Summer activities for kids Jun 12
(Click for RSS instructions.)