Accelerate Okanagan are once again hosting their annual New Year Kick Off Party at the Laurel Packinghouse on Jan 11th. For those who haven't noticed we have a growing tech community in Kelowna. Its safe to say it started with Club Penguin (http://www.castanet.net/news/What-s-On/81304/The-story-of-Club-Penguin-Tonight ) but through some significant government support, and a gathering of digital creatives we have a small but strong tech community.
Last year they founded a new event to celebrate everything tech and digital. Well actually that might be a stretch. From the video below it more looked like they wanted to throw a great party.
Last year over 300 community members enjoyed an evening of great local food, drink and entertainment.
- Friday, Jan 11th, 2013
- Laurel Packinghouse
To keep you entertained:
- The Blue Room
- Poker, Blackjack & Roulette
- Games, meetups and a few surprises brought to you by Digital Okanagan
- Tunes from DJ Flyin’ Hawaiian
Ticket price: $30 per person (Premium Members: $20) including a free taxi ride home sponsored by Capri Insurance. This is a ticket-only event. Tickets MUST be bought by 5pm, January 9th. Last year was a complete sell out so sign up quickly to avoid disappointment.
Register Here: http://ao2013.eventbrite.com/
Read more What's On articles
The views expressed are strictly those of the author and not necessarily those of Castanet. Castanet presents its columns "as is" and does not warrant the contents.
- Family Day Activities Feb 8
- Celtic Connection: Cod Gone Wild Feb 6
- Kelowna Folk Club: Tamara Nile Jan 30
- TimeDRIVE: Donate your time Jan 23
- Splash of Color Fundraiser Jan 16
- 2014 Predictions Jan 2
- Free Family New Year's Eve Dec 28
- $3500 for the Lake Country Food Bank Dec 21
- Performing 170+ shows in 2013 Dec 19
- Christmas Time Dec 12
- Light Up! What you need to know Dec 5
- Rock 4 Kids: 20th Anniversary Nov 29
(Click for RSS instructions.)