Jan 3, 2013 / 9:30 am
Police have two men in custody after two, seemingly unrelated events Thursday morning in front of Castanet offices on Lawrence Avenue.
Events began to unfold shortly after 8 a.m. when people arriving for work noticed a man with what appeared to be cleaning supplies acting skittish, darting around parked vehicles and running into the middle of the road.
Police were called over concerns for the man's safety.
As the first man was being secured in the back of a squad car people noticed what appeared to be a foot on the dashboard of one of the parked cars and alerted officers.
The man inside the vehicle was apparently passed out and witnesses say police tried everything to arouse the man - turned on their sirens, banged on the hood - but nothing worked.
Police eventually called a tow truck and were able to gain entry and wake the man.
The man was found to be in possession of a large bag of illegal drugs.
He was taken into custody and the vehicle impounded.
Police attending the scene believe the incidents are random.
"Just part of a bizarre day," one of the officers noted.
Read more Kelowna News
City of Kelowna
Kelowna Discussion Forum
Kelowna's Cultural District
Kelowna Road Closures
William R. Bennett Bridge
Central Okanagan Regional District
District of Peachland
District of Lake Country
School District 23
- City to test family alcohol zone Jun 18
- Missing teenager has been found Jun 17
- Attempted murder charges laid Jun 17
- Gas leak capped on Borden Ave. Jun 17
- Wiens trial to resume in July Jun 17
- Room to grow - hotel tax continues Jun 17
- Sugar closes sorting plant Jun 17
- Assault sends one man to hospital Jun 17
- Memory card looking for a home Jun 17
- Firetrucks off to Peru Jun 17