Jan 3, 2013 / 9:30 am
Police have two men in custody after two, seemingly unrelated events Thursday morning in front of Castanet offices on Lawrence Avenue.
Events began to unfold shortly after 8 a.m. when people arriving for work noticed a man with what appeared to be cleaning supplies acting skittish, darting around parked vehicles and running into the middle of the road.
Police were called over concerns for the man's safety.
As the first man was being secured in the back of a squad car people noticed what appeared to be a foot on the dashboard of one of the parked cars and alerted officers.
The man inside the vehicle was apparently passed out and witnesses say police tried everything to arouse the man - turned on their sirens, banged on the hood - but nothing worked.
Police eventually called a tow truck and were able to gain entry and wake the man.
The man was found to be in possession of a large bag of illegal drugs.
He was taken into custody and the vehicle impounded.
Police attending the scene believe the incidents are random.
"Just part of a bizarre day," one of the officers noted.
Read more Kelowna News
City of Kelowna
Kelowna Discussion Forum
Kelowna's Cultural District
Kelowna Road Closures
William R. Bennett Bridge
Central Okanagan Regional District
District of Peachland
District of Lake Country
School District 23
Okanagan Regional Library
- Holiday cheer stocks food bank shelves Dec 5
- Where will medical marijuana be grown? Dec 5
- Happy Hanukkah! Dec 5
- Holiday magic fills local theatre Dec 4
- Transplant recipients pop in, say thanks Dec 4
- High speed crash into tree Dec 4
- Sudden death in Rutland Dec 4
- Gifts sought for children's X-mas party Dec 4
- Rotary optimistic lights will twinkle Dec 4
- Hero Mountie saves distraught woman Dec 3