Jan 2, 2013 / 1:56 pm
RCMP and emergency crews responded to several calls of vehicles off the road near Brenda Mine on Highway 97C Wednesday afternoon.
The roads are clear, but the temperatures are ripe for the build-up of black ice and witnesses report limited viability.
Steven Chickloski says, "We were on the back to Kelowna from Vancouver. The roads were clear until the Brenda Mine area, then it was fairly foggy and there were slippery sections."
Here are the conditions form DriveBC:
Limited visibility with fog on Highway 97C both directions - limited visibility with fog from Pennask Summitt (1728 metres) to Brenda Mine Road Exit (10.1 km). Updated Wed Jan. 2 at 12:06 p.m.
Compact snow with slippery sections Highway 97C both directions - Compact snow with slippery sections from Pennask Summitt (1728 metres) to Brenda Mine Road Exit (10.1 km). Updated Wed. Jan. 2 at 12:07 p.m.
Read more West Kelowna articles
- Hockey kids collect for the Philippines Dec 3
- Sandman rescues drivers Dec 2
- Van takes a slide in West Kelowna Dec 2
- West Kelowna fire fighters tackle hunger Dec 1
- Boucherie road reopened after rollover Nov 27
- Chronic runaway still missing Nov 27
- Premier's riding goes 'Up in Smoke' Nov 27
- Latest Westside Road project complete Nov 27
- Fearless coyote kills family dog Nov 26
- Box of wine tossed after crash Nov 25