Jan 2, 2013 / 1:56 pm
RCMP and emergency crews responded to several calls of vehicles off the road near Brenda Mine on Highway 97C Wednesday afternoon.
The roads are clear, but the temperatures are ripe for the build-up of black ice and witnesses report limited viability.
Steven Chickloski says, "We were on the back to Kelowna from Vancouver. The roads were clear until the Brenda Mine area, then it was fairly foggy and there were slippery sections."
Here are the conditions form DriveBC:
Limited visibility with fog on Highway 97C both directions - limited visibility with fog from Pennask Summitt (1728 metres) to Brenda Mine Road Exit (10.1 km). Updated Wed Jan. 2 at 12:06 p.m.
Compact snow with slippery sections Highway 97C both directions - Compact snow with slippery sections from Pennask Summitt (1728 metres) to Brenda Mine Road Exit (10.1 km). Updated Wed. Jan. 2 at 12:07 p.m.
Read more West Kelowna articles
- Golf course fire ruled an arson May 13
- Uncovering youth homelessness May 13
- Westshore water advisory May 12
- West Kelowna will control its own pests May 12
- Shannon Lake clubhouse video May 11
- Van goes into restaurant May 11
- Clubhouse destroyed by fire May 11
- Mystery driver wrecks car May 10
- Motorists asked to avoid Angus Drive May 10
- Burnt out headlight tips off cops May 9