Jan 2, 2013 / 1:45 pm
Residents are advised that during the month of January there will be times when the physician on call for Princeton General Hospital’s Emergency Department will be attending only to the most urgent cases.
Emergency Department hours remain the same and patients will be assessed as usual by trained nurses.
However, patients with less urgent needs may find they are either transferred to a nearby hospital for care, or offered appropriate options.
This change in service provision is expected to occur periodically through the month of January and is temporary due to current physician unavailability.
Interior Health would like to thank Dr. David Smith for providing additional coverage during this time.
Read more South Okanagan News
- Rally to help Penticton children's festival May 10
- Nature festival returns to Okanagan May 10
- Dix praises Cannings in Summerland May 8
- Broken bones are part of toddler's life May 6
- Centre for owl rehab holds open house May 4