Jan 1, 2013 / 5:25 pm
It's a boy!
The first BC baby born in 2013 came into the world at 12:02 a.m. at Royal Inland Hospital in Kamloops.
David Jr. Ricky Joe James was born to David James and Geraldine James of Merritt.
The baby weighed 8 pounds, 11 ounces.
At Penticton Regional Hospital, there were no babies born in the early hours of Jan. 1, 2013.
Information was not immediately available on babies born on Jan. 1 at Kelowna General Hospital.
Read more BC News
- Police investigate Surrey shooting
- Hotel staff find dead body
- A cherry of a deal with China
- Cyclist killed near Kamloops
- SUV crashes off Mayne Island
- Man and woman hurt in double shooting
- Pipeline spill southwest of Merritt
- Charges laid in skateboard assault case
- Pipeline backlash following latest spill
- Crash of small plane claims lone pilot
- Woman gives birth at Richmond mall
- Pin pad fraud
(Click for RSS instructions.)