Jan 1, 2013 / 7:23 am
Thanks to a quick bid a man now has a great set of wheels to drive in the New Year.
Jeremy Byl is the winner of the Mario's Towing and Castanet car auction. Byl faced some stiff bids for the 2004 Pontiac Grand Prix GT, but he eventually out lasted and out bid all others to win the car with a $3799 bid.
The burgundy Grand Prix GT is a four door, 3.8L V6 automatic with A/C and it has a black interior. The 2004 only has 115,000 kms. and it has a new windshield and battery. The car was inspected by Canopy West and Mario's says it's in top shape.
All proceeds will go to the Kelowna Food Bank for the Cast-A-Light campaign.
Thanks to all the bidders who helped drive up the price for charity, and a special thanks to Mario's Towing for donating the car.
Read more Kelowna News
City of Kelowna
Kelowna Discussion Forum
Kelowna's Cultural District
Kelowna Road Closures
William R. Bennett Bridge
Central Okanagan Regional District
District of Peachland
District of Lake Country
School District 23
- More eyes in the sky May 18
- Body recovered from Ok Lake May 17
- City Hall to ask elected MLAs for cash May 17
- Cyclist hit on Baron Rd. May 16
- Collision causes gas spill May 16
- Cross-dressing groper on the loose May 16
- Kelowna crime down in first quarter May 15
- Liberal triumph good for business May 15
- Mission Creek flood watch lifted May 14
- Paving coming to a road near you May 14