Dec 31, 2012 / 6:42 am
Montreal based Bombardier says it has an order to supply Germany's Abellio Rail with 35 of its Talent 2 trains in a deal valued at US$226 million.
Bombardier announced in a release Monday morning that it will supply 20 three-car and 15 five-car trains, with the vehicles due to enter service in December 2015.
The company develops and manufactures the Talent 2 trains at its site in Hennigsdorf, Germany.
Bombardier says the units will be equipped with its MITRAC 1000 propulsion and control system.
It says one of the advantages of this system is that it allows the train to accelerate quickly to a constant speed.
Read more Business News
|QHR Technologies Inc||1.32||+0.04|
|Anavex Life Sciences||0.38||0.00|
|Copper Mountain Mining||1.545||+0.005|
This column is the last of three, for how to prove your personal injury claim. It is the piece de resistance of the trilogy, the Chuck Norris piece – the final say! As mentioned in the first two...
The bank manager just phoned and asked for full and immediate repayment of the line of credit because the latest, (and they were late!), financial statements showed continuing losses and falling sales...
Recently I recorded a video series for my keynote speaking business. It was called from Faith to Future. In one of the episodes, I talked about the concept of using hard work to get out of a difficul...
- Cosmopolitan Las Vegas opens new glass factory-themed concert and meeting space
- US unemployment rate falls to 5-year low of 7 per cent as employers add 203,000 jobs
- Cold weather forces delays, cancellations for air travellers but expected to ease soon
- Stocks jump, breaking a five-day losing streak, after US reports more hiring gains last month
- NBC's 'Sound of Music' live telecast was Thursday's favourite thing with 18.5 million viewers
- E-commerce growth slowing in Canada as shoppers look to overseas e-stores
- US consumer spending up 0.3 per cent in October but wages and salaries post weak gain
- Healthy hiring in November would mark fourth straight month of solid job growth
- Bruce Lee's iconic yellow jumpsuit fetches $100,000 at Hong Kong auction
- Spotify to allow users to create playlists on phones and tablets and listen to them for free
- US lurching from 'crisis to crisis,' politics influenced by money: Gary Doer
- Governments offers help to develop seal products in backing Atlantic industry