Dec 31, 2012 / 6:42 am
Montreal based Bombardier says it has an order to supply Germany's Abellio Rail with 35 of its Talent 2 trains in a deal valued at US$226 million.
Bombardier announced in a release Monday morning that it will supply 20 three-car and 15 five-car trains, with the vehicles due to enter service in December 2015.
The company develops and manufactures the Talent 2 trains at its site in Hennigsdorf, Germany.
Bombardier says the units will be equipped with its MITRAC 1000 propulsion and control system.
It says one of the advantages of this system is that it allows the train to accelerate quickly to a constant speed.
Read more Business News
|QHR Technologies Inc||0.55||-0.03|
|Anavex Life Sciences||0.55||+0.01|
|Copper Mountain Mining||1.52||-0.16|
The majority of Canadians prefer to make their big move during the summer season. There are a variety of reasons for choosing this time of year: it is easier to transport boxes in non-icy condition...
It appears as though more people these days are looking for an investment in real estate which offers cash flow returns. The fundamentals of cash flow type properties had been turned upsi...
Getintheloop Marketing Ltd. recently launched their membership platform, Getintheloop.ca. The new website offers an exclusive members area for access to discounts in the South Okanagan on premium res...
- Bell not interested in selling more Astral
- Loonie dips over a quarter
- Taxman and the offshore tax havens
- Sharktopus views turns on YouTube TV
- Social media makes Disney blink
- BCE looks to cut $170 million
- TD Bank: Loonie could fall to 90 cents US
- Mixed results for North American markets
- Ex-Enron CEO cuts new deal
- Canadian dollar nudges upward
- Microsoft extends agreement with Yahoo
- Iamgold profits drop 91 per cent in Q1