Dec 30, 2012 / 9:58 am
Revelstoke RCMP received an emergency call for help late Friday night from two lost skiers.
The call came in at 5:30 p.m. after the skiers had gotten lost while skiing outside the controlled boundary area of the Revelstoke Mountain Resort.
Search and Rescue technicians were immediately notified Friday evening and carried out a successful rescue of the two men early Saturday morning. The pair were located in the Montana Creek area safe and sound.
The two men, aged 29 and 30 years old, are from Europe and are vacationing in British Columbia.
Read more BC News
- Snow hits the Coquihalla & 97C
- Saanich man, 85, beat in home invasion
- Driver, 11, flips jeep killing 12-year-old
- Air force helps rescue hiker
- Coal mine rejected on Vancouver Island
- Ahmadiyya mosque opens in Delta
- BC NDP's bus ride went beyond Hope
- Vancouver man shot dead in Costa Rica
- Company intercepts LSD-laced mail
- Hydro project to go ahead in northern BC
- Pickton victims' families skeptical
- Coroners warn of water danger
(Click for RSS instructions.)