Dec 29, 2012 / 1:06 pm
About 15 residents of a trailer park in Surrey, B.C., have been forced from their homes following an explosion and fire.
Police say firefighters were called to the scene in the city's north end just before 8 p.m. Friday, learning a loud explosion had occurred and two trailers had been severely damaged.
They say they soon learned that two other trailers were also damaged in the incident but nobody had been hurt.
Police say about 15 residents have been displaced because of the fire, and officials are making arrangements to relocate them temporarily.
They say the investigation is ongoing.
Read more BC News
- Incest father has sentence doubled
- BC NDP seeks to abolish Senate
- Driver plows SUV in grocery store
- BC strikes tentative union deals
- Teen labelled as high risk for terrorism
- Pot referendum pipe dream up in smoke
- Woman's body found in Burnaby suite
- Accused's ex-girlfriend helped sell drugs
- Grand theft vessel after ferry stolen
- Family of five submerged in river
- Highway 1 reopened
- Victim identified in Vancouver homicide
(Click for RSS instructions.)