Dec 29, 2012 / 12:25 pm
The wet weather continues to cause havoc on local roads.
A number of accidents have been reported in the area, including a head-on collision between a truck and a SUV in the 3500 block of Glenmore Road North.
Paramedics removed two people from their vehicles, one of which was taken to hospital.
Glenmore Road has since been re-opened in both directions.
And Okanagan residents planning to drive up to Sun Peaks Resort today may encounter some problems.
According to DriveBC, highway 5 is open to single lane alternating traffic 15 kilometres north of the Heffley Creek Exit because of a vehicle incident. The road is expected to open between 2 p.m. and 6 p.m. Saturday afternoon.
Hwy. 5 has now been re-opened.
Check your route on DriveBC before heading out the door.
There is compact snow and slippery sections on Highway 97C in both directions, but the dense fog experienced the past few days is not as intense.
Read more Kelowna News
City of Kelowna
Kelowna Discussion Forum
Kelowna's Cultural District
Kelowna Road Closures
William R. Bennett Bridge
Central Okanagan Regional District
District of Peachland
District of Lake Country
School District 23
- Cross-dressing groper on the loose May 16
- Kelowna crime down in first quarter May 15
- Liberal triumph good for business May 15
- Mission Creek flood watch lifted May 14
- Paving coming to a road near you May 14
- Two-wheel transportation turns the tide May 14
- Capital spending may top $500M by 2020 May 14
- Kelowna Council highlights May 13
- Water Quality Advisory - Black Mountain May 13
- May Day parade set for Saturday May 13