Dec 29, 2012 / 12:25 pm
The wet weather continues to cause havoc on local roads.
A number of accidents have been reported in the area, including a head-on collision between a truck and a SUV in the 3500 block of Glenmore Road North.
Paramedics removed two people from their vehicles, one of which was taken to hospital.
Glenmore Road has since been re-opened in both directions.
And Okanagan residents planning to drive up to Sun Peaks Resort today may encounter some problems.
According to DriveBC, highway 5 is open to single lane alternating traffic 15 kilometres north of the Heffley Creek Exit because of a vehicle incident. The road is expected to open between 2 p.m. and 6 p.m. Saturday afternoon.
Hwy. 5 has now been re-opened.
Check your route on DriveBC before heading out the door.
There is compact snow and slippery sections on Highway 97C in both directions, but the dense fog experienced the past few days is not as intense.
Read more Kelowna News
City of Kelowna
Kelowna Discussion Forum
Kelowna's Cultural District
Kelowna Road Closures
William R. Bennett Bridge
Central Okanagan Regional District
District of Peachland
District of Lake Country
School District 23
- Power back on in East Kelowna May 21
- Tuesday crash sends 4 to hospital May 21
- Quiet start to the summer season May 21
- Stabbing arrest May 21
- Last day to register for PlayOn! Kelowna May 21
- Thunderstorm watch in effect May 21
- Calling all green thumbs May 21
- Glenmore crash May 20
- Grad party rollover May 20
- Annual regatta is largest in BC Interior May 19