Dec 29, 2012 / 12:25 pm
The wet weather continues to cause havoc on local roads.
A number of accidents have been reported in the area, including a head-on collision between a truck and a SUV in the 3500 block of Glenmore Road North.
Paramedics removed two people from their vehicles, one of which was taken to hospital.
Glenmore Road has since been re-opened in both directions.
And Okanagan residents planning to drive up to Sun Peaks Resort today may encounter some problems.
According to DriveBC, highway 5 is open to single lane alternating traffic 15 kilometres north of the Heffley Creek Exit because of a vehicle incident. The road is expected to open between 2 p.m. and 6 p.m. Saturday afternoon.
Hwy. 5 has now been re-opened.
Check your route on DriveBC before heading out the door.
There is compact snow and slippery sections on Highway 97C in both directions, but the dense fog experienced the past few days is not as intense.
Read more Kelowna News
City of Kelowna
Kelowna Discussion Forum
Kelowna's Cultural District
Kelowna Road Closures
William R. Bennett Bridge
Central Okanagan Regional District
District of Peachland
District of Lake Country
School District 23
Okanagan Regional Library
- Christmas story of hope and love Dec 18
- Holiday dog tips Dec 18
- Spot Santa downtown to win Xmas cash Dec 18
- Sesame Street Live photo gallery Dec 18
- Kelowna woman missing again Dec 18
- Ogopogo collapses, loses its ear Dec 18
- Natural gas odour leads to evacuation Dec 18
- Gospel Mission ready to serve hundreds Dec 18
- Bike shop delivers early present Dec 18
- Come visit Candy Cane Lane Dec 17