A “New York New Year’s 2012” family event will be held at Jim Stuart Park in Kelowna from 6 to 9 p.m., December 31st.
Fireworks will launch just after 9 p.m.
The free, family-friendly, one night event will be similar to “First Night” celebrations in other communities.
Other activities and entertainment for a wide range of ages and tastes include:
• Live musical performances on the stage
• “Snow Zone” drop-in activity stations (i.e. snowball toss, tube ride races, craft stations)
• Special lighting effects
• New Year’s Countdown
• Fireworks show
It looks like lots of fun, but will you go?
If not, send us a letter on how your family celebrates New Years to [email protected] and we will post your responses in a story, remember to include your name.
Email us [email protected]
- Smith Creek fireWest Kelowna - 5:00 pm
- BC tankers assist US firePenticton / S. Okanagan - 5:41 pm
- Stolen truck smashes storeCentral Okanagan - 5:34 pm
- Man missing since DecemberCentral Okanagan - 5:44 pm