Dec 27, 2012 / 6:22 pm
The B.C. Coroners Service has identified a body found washed up on a beach in the southern Gulf Islands as an American man who was reported missing a week earlier.
A pair of beachcombers found a body washed up on Sidney Island on Dec. 19, prompting an investigation that included the RCMP and the FBI.
The coroner says the man has been identified as Brandon Lee Blanford, a 36-year-old from Bremerton, Wash.
Blanford was reported missing by family members in Hansville, Wash., on Dec. 11.
A news release from the B.C. Coroners Service says the agency is currently working with the RCMP and American authorities to investigate the man's death.
Read more BC News
- Ferry officer will appeal conviction
- ATV rider swept over falls, killed
- Evacuation order lifted near Ashcroft
- Rock hits tent killing girl, 10 and her dad
- Hwy. 97C at Ashcroft is open
- Fisherman catches a body in his net
- Forest fire Evacuation Alert now an Order
- Artifacts stolen from God's house
- Evacuation alert in Thompson-Nicola
- Kamloops man shot in leg
- Mounties shoot man on SkyTrain
- Targeted shooting at a Coquitlam home
(Click for RSS instructions.)