Dec 26, 2012 / 8:37 am
The roads may look good from highway cams, but looks can be deceiving. Clear roads showing pavement are susceptible to black ice. Slow down and have a safe trip.
Check your route on DriveBC before you head out.
Driving conditions for Hwy. 97C on Dec. 26.
Fog patches Highway 97C both directions. Fog patches from Pennask Summitt (1728 metres) to Brenda Mine Road Exit (10.1 km). Updated Wed. Dec. 26. at 3:26 a.m.
Compact snow on Highway 97C both directions - compact snow from Pennask Summitt (1728 metres) to Brenda Mine Road exit (10.1 km). Updated Wed Dec. 26. at 3:25 a.m.
DriveBC Weather report for Hwy. 97C for Dec. 26.
Today cloudy with 30 per cent chance of flurries. High minus 2.
Tonight cloudy with 30 per cent chance of flurries. Temperature steady near minus 2.
Thursday cloudy, 30 per cent chance of flurries in the morning. Becoming partly cloudy late in the afternoon. High minus 1.
Friday: cloudy. Low minus 4. High zero.
Saturday: A mix of sun and cloud. Low minus 3. High zero.
How are people getting around this holiday season? Check our travel story.
Read more West Kelowna articles
- Creeks in West Kelowna remain stable May 13
- Golf course fire ruled an arson May 13
- Uncovering youth homelessness May 13
- Westshore water advisory May 12
- West Kelowna will control its own pests May 12
- Shannon Lake clubhouse video May 11
- Van goes into restaurant May 11
- Clubhouse destroyed by fire May 11
- Mystery driver wrecks car May 10
- Motorists asked to avoid Angus Drive May 10