Dec 23, 2012 / 11:18 am
Members of the Vernon Search and Rescue team were called out early this morning after RCMP found fresh tire tracks leaving Mable Lake Road, near Kingfisher.
The tracks went over a steep bank and a vehicle was found resting approximately 60 feet below the road.
Fifteen members of the group answered the call at 1:30 a.m. this morning, and because there were no footprints in the fresh snow, RCMP officers were concerned the driver may still be inside.
Search crews were almost on scene when officers were able to contact the driver, who was safe at home.
His vehicle had slid off the road earlier that day, he had climbed out of the area and was uninjured.
Read more North Okanagan News
- Fire at Monte Creek hit hard May 7
- Hwy. 1 reopens near Chase May 7
- Man presumed drowned in the Shuswap May 6
- $70,000 in stolen goods recovered May 6
- Home invasion with bats and knives May 3