Dec 19, 2012 / 11:41 am
On Thursday,December 20 ,Walmart Canada will match donations made by individuals to The Salvation Army Christmas kettles located within their stores across Canada up to a maximum of $100,000.
This includes the Kelowna and West Kelowna Walmart stores.
Major Ron Cartmell of The Salvation Army in Kelowna says, “We are hoping that this initiative by Walmart will be the boost we need to reach our goal this Christmas season. We encourage shoppers to visit Walmart on December 20 and make a donation. Every donation makes an impact in the life of someone in need”.
Bell Ringers will be manning the kettles from 8 a.m – 10 p.m.
This is the third year that Walmart Canada has hosted ‘Walmart Fill the Kettle Day’.
Read more Kelowna News
City of Kelowna
Kelowna Discussion Forum
Kelowna's Cultural District
Kelowna Road Closures
William R. Bennett Bridge
Central Okanagan Regional District
District of Peachland
District of Lake Country
School District 23
- The Week in Review May 19
- Rutland May Days' information May 18
- Knox Mtn. Hill Climb crash May 18
- Gas prices spike ahead of long weekend May 18
- More eyes in the sky May 18
- Body recovered from Ok Lake May 17
- City Hall to ask elected MLAs for cash May 17
- Cyclist hit on Baron Rd. May 16
- Collision causes gas spill May 16
- Cross-dressing groper on the loose May 16