Dec 19, 2012 / 11:41 am
On Thursday,December 20 ,Walmart Canada will match donations made by individuals to The Salvation Army Christmas kettles located within their stores across Canada up to a maximum of $100,000.
This includes the Kelowna and West Kelowna Walmart stores.
Major Ron Cartmell of The Salvation Army in Kelowna says, “We are hoping that this initiative by Walmart will be the boost we need to reach our goal this Christmas season. We encourage shoppers to visit Walmart on December 20 and make a donation. Every donation makes an impact in the life of someone in need”.
Bell Ringers will be manning the kettles from 8 a.m – 10 p.m.
This is the third year that Walmart Canada has hosted ‘Walmart Fill the Kettle Day’.
Read more Kelowna News
City of Kelowna
Kelowna Discussion Forum
Kelowna's Cultural District
Kelowna Road Closures
William R. Bennett Bridge
Central Okanagan Regional District
District of Peachland
District of Lake Country
School District 23
Okanagan Regional Library
- Santa goes hog wild with toy donations Dec 5
- Women's shelter launches text campaign Dec 5
- Neighbourhood crime map Dec 5
- Yacht club build behind schedule Dec 5
- New services to 'Bridge' gap for addicts Dec 5
- Powder chair now open at Big White Dec 5
- Holiday cheer stocks food bank shelves Dec 5
- Where will medical marijuana be grown? Dec 5
- Happy Hanukkah! Dec 5
- Holiday magic fills local theatre Dec 4