Letters to the editor
Geri Smith suggests owning fully automatic firearms will result in more massacres like the one in Newtown, Conn. The truth is that owning fully automatic fire arms will not result in more massacres.
The real problem is mental health and that the people who need the help they need aren't getting it.Keeping weapons from people with mental health problems is not as easy as Geri suggests. You simply can’t keep weapons from people with mental health issues because basically any thing can be used as a weapon from a gun to your own fists. Should all people with mental health issues be wrapped up in a straight jacket and locked in a padded room?
The need for owning full automatic firearms is the same as needing a half a million dollar sports car. There is simply no need just a want. Please do not paint all gun owners with the same brush as the lunatic who senselessly and cowardly killed the adults and especially the children last week in Newtown Conn.
Read more Letters to the editor
- Burying utilities uncovers $1M overrunKelowna - 2:37 pm
- Car goes under school busBC - 2:34 pm
- Sunshine brings out cyclists & warningKelowna - 2:54 pm
- Cyclist hit by oncoming trafficKelowna - 2:48 pm
for these and other issues.
- End of Funding for Youth Drug Awareness Program Mar 6
- Cyclists need to pay Mar 6
- Did a leg-hold trap take cougar's leg? Mar 1
- Riding the bus a bust Mar 1
- Thanks for new idea on the waterfront Mar 1