Letters to the editor
Geri Smith suggests owning fully automatic firearms will result in more massacres like the one in Newtown, Conn. The truth is that owning fully automatic fire arms will not result in more massacres.
The real problem is mental health and that the people who need the help they need aren't getting it.Keeping weapons from people with mental health problems is not as easy as Geri suggests. You simply can’t keep weapons from people with mental health issues because basically any thing can be used as a weapon from a gun to your own fists. Should all people with mental health issues be wrapped up in a straight jacket and locked in a padded room?
The need for owning full automatic firearms is the same as needing a half a million dollar sports car. There is simply no need just a want. Please do not paint all gun owners with the same brush as the lunatic who senselessly and cowardly killed the adults and especially the children last week in Newtown Conn.
Read more Letters to the editor
- EMS called to PM's homeCanada - 2:47 pm
- Abducted boy saved by songWorld - 1:01 pm
- Medical pot for 2 yr. oldPenticton / S. Okanagan - 12:50 pm
- Dozens speak on land swapPenticton / S. Okanagan - 12:06 pm
for these and other issues.
- Rotary beach Apr 16
- Easter giving from a stranger Apr 15
- Harperbinger of doom Apr 15
- Car wash needs to be flushed Apr 15
- Finance minister - over the top Apr 15