Dec 13, 2012 / 4:40 pm
RCMP spent several hours trying to track down a break and enter suspect in East Kelowna on Wednesday.
Around 12:30 p.m. police respond to an incident in the 3900 block of Todd road. Cst. Kris Clark says the suspect was interrupted during the break-in by the resident, who was home at the time.
"The suspect fled the scene and was tracked by a police service dog, but (they) could not be located. It is believed a bicycle or vehicle may have been involved in his escape."
Some jewelry and a laptop were stolen. The person inside the home was not injured.
Police also used a helicopter to try and hunt for the burglar.
Read more Kelowna News
City of Kelowna
Kelowna Discussion Forum
Kelowna's Cultural District
Kelowna Road Closures
William R. Bennett Bridge
Central Okanagan Regional District
District of Peachland
District of Lake Country
School District 23
Okanagan Regional Library
- Garage fire quickly knocked down Dec 9
- Thrift store celebrates 10 years strong Dec 9
- Big White Sweater Ball Dec 9
- Christmas display going up at Kerry Park Dec 9
- Castanet's Week in Review Dec 8
- Kelowna teens 'write for rights' Dec 8
- Paper carrier waits for crucial surgery Dec 8
- Cost of dying going up Dec 8
- Paper carrier sent to VGH Dec 7
- Roses for women's awareness Dec 7