Dec 13, 2012 / 9:11 am
Two men are in police custody following an incident at a house party where another man was set on fire.
RCMP were advised, on Dec 8, that an 18-year-old man received second and third degree burns to most of his back after being intentionally set on fire Friday night.
According to Cst. Kris Clark, the man apparently had fallen asleep on the kitchen floor during the early morning hours.
"One man allegedly poured a liquid on the victim's back and lit him on fire while the other filmed the incident."
During the course of the investigation into the incident, police believe this may not be the first time one of the accused had lit someone on fire who had been incapacitated by drugs or alcohol.
Mathew Sweet-Grant, 20 and Joshua McWhirter, 18, both of Kelowna have been charged with aggravated assault. They remain in custody and are scheduled to appear in court Thursday morning.
Police are asking anyone with information regarding this incident or previous incidents to contact the Kelowna RCMP General Investigations Section at 250-762-3300.
If anyone has photos or video send them to [email protected]
Read more Kelowna News
City of Kelowna
Kelowna Discussion Forum
Kelowna's Cultural District
Kelowna Road Closures
William R. Bennett Bridge
Central Okanagan Regional District
District of Peachland
District of Lake Country
School District 23
Okanagan Regional Library
- Where will medical marijuana be grown? Dec 5
- Happy Hanukkah! Dec 5
- Holiday magic fills local theatre Dec 4
- Transplant recipients pop in, say thanks Dec 4
- High speed crash into tree Dec 4
- Sudden death in Rutland Dec 4
- Gifts sought for children's X-mas party Dec 4
- Rotary optimistic lights will twinkle Dec 4
- Hero Mountie saves distraught woman Dec 3
- Stuart Park: 'Stay warm my friends' Dec 3