Dec 12, 2012 / 8:37 pm
Police in New Mexico are reportedly investigating an alleged macabre plot to mutilate and kill Canadian pop star Justin Bieber.
The claims of a murder-for-hire plot targeting the singer have not been officially confirmed.
A New Mexico media outlet cited unnamed investigators for its report while the Toronto Star said Lieut. Robert McDonald of the New Mexico State Police told the newspaper Bieber was a target in a plot that involved three others.
The Canadian singer's management, asked to comment on the reports, released a statement saying only that they take "every precaution to protect and insure the safety of Justin and his fans."
KRQE News in New Mexico reported that police have arrested two men in the United States in connection with the plot to allegedly murder and castrate Bieber.
The alleged plot, which KRQE News says was planned right down to the paisley tie that would be used to strangle victims, was reportedly foiled after the would-be hit men were arrested in Vermont on outstanding warrants last month before any of the killings were carried out.
The station reports that the two men were outed to police by the person who allegedly came up with the elaborate plot in the first place.
Read more Canada News
- Giant pandas' VIP debut at Toronto Zoo
- Duffy claimed campaigning expenses
- Killer cement truck driver up for parole
- Gretzky collector sells hoard
- Wife is 'broken' after test drive death
- Nordegg fire gallery
- Murder charge laid in test drive death
- Clark wins war but not her own battle
- Missing man's remains found
- Beach trip for bus beheader
- Ferry officer guilty of criminal negligence
- Female dies after high school rugby play