Dec 12, 2012 / 3:27 pm
Emergency crews were called to Elliot street after a man lost control of his vehicle, while traveling north on Pandosy Street. The vehicle ploughed through several bushes, went up over a small hill and almost hit an apartment building.
Sonny Shafiq witnessed the incident and says he pulled over to help the man fearing he had a heart attack or medical condition.
"Lucky he came out (of his vehicle) fine and when we asked if he was alright he didn't seem to have any issues. I gave him my phone to call the people he needed too," says Shafiq
Shafiq does not believe the man was speeding prior to the crash, but says it was lucky no one was walking in the area at the time.
The man did not go to hospital and traffic services were called to the scene to investigate the cause of the crash.
Read more Kelowna News
City of Kelowna
Kelowna Discussion Forum
Kelowna's Cultural District
Kelowna Road Closures
William R. Bennett Bridge
Central Okanagan Regional District
District of Peachland
District of Lake Country
School District 23
- Power back on in East Kelowna May 21
- Tuesday crash sends 4 to hospital May 21
- Quiet start to the summer season May 21
- Stabbing arrest May 21
- Last day to register for PlayOn! Kelowna May 21
- Thunderstorm watch in effect May 21
- Calling all green thumbs May 21
- Glenmore crash May 20
- Grad party rollover May 20
- Annual regatta is largest in BC Interior May 19