Dec 12, 2012 / 3:27 pm
Emergency crews were called to Elliot street after a man lost control of his vehicle, while traveling north on Pandosy Street. The vehicle ploughed through several bushes, went up over a small hill and almost hit an apartment building.
Sonny Shafiq witnessed the incident and says he pulled over to help the man fearing he had a heart attack or medical condition.
"Lucky he came out (of his vehicle) fine and when we asked if he was alright he didn't seem to have any issues. I gave him my phone to call the people he needed too," says Shafiq
Shafiq does not believe the man was speeding prior to the crash, but says it was lucky no one was walking in the area at the time.
The man did not go to hospital and traffic services were called to the scene to investigate the cause of the crash.
Read more Kelowna News
City of Kelowna
Kelowna Discussion Forum
Kelowna's Cultural District
Kelowna Road Closures
William R. Bennett Bridge
Central Okanagan Regional District
District of Peachland
District of Lake Country
School District 23
Okanagan Regional Library
- Big White Sweater Ball Dec 9
- Christmas display going up at Kerry Park Dec 9
- Castanet's Week in Review Dec 8
- Kelowna teens 'write for rights' Dec 8
- Paper carrier waits for crucial surgery Dec 8
- Cost of dying going up Dec 8
- Paper carrier sent to VGH Dec 7
- Roses for women's awareness Dec 7
- Lights aglow on Big White Dec 7
- Creating community Dec 7