Donna Summer is to be posthumously inducted into the Rock 'n' Roll Hall of Fame.
The late disco diva will join Rush, Public Enemy, Heart, Randy Newman and Albert King in being placed in the world famous institution, based in Cleveland, US, in 2013.
Donna - responsible for hits including 'I Feel Love' and 'Love to Love You Baby' - passed away in May, aged 63, and had previously been shortlisted for inclusion five times.
Geddy Lee, frontman of Canadian rockers Rush, said: ''It's a terrific honour and we'll show up smiling. It made my mom happy, so that's worth it.''
Sisters Ann and Nancy Wilson of Heart were also excited about being included, with Ann saying: ''Some people have an idea of what the shape of rock 'n' roll is supposed to look like. We're not really it. Personally, that's why I think it's taken quite a while. It can start to feel like you're a tree falling in the forest, but nobody notices. So this kind of acknowledgement is really sweet.''
Songwriter and film score composer Randy Newman said he was shocked by the news, joking to Rolling Stone magazine: ''I thought maybe I'd have to die before they let me in.
''I'm really glad it happened when I was still around to see it. They're always a little doctrinaire about what's rock 'n' roll and what isn't rock 'n' roll. It's nice they opened up a little to let me in.''
Public Enemy will be the fourth hip hop act to feature in the hall, following Run DMC, Grandmaster Flash and the Furious Five and Beastie Boys, who were added last year.
The inductees were picked from a shortlist of 16 by a number of music business professionals, as well as a public vote, which was introduced for the first time this year.
Alongside the artists inducted, Lou Adler and Quincy Jones will both receive the Ahmet Ertegun Award for non-performers.
The induction ceremony will take place on May 18 in the US.
- Hip's Downie 'terminal'Entertainment 11:24 am - 10,739 views
- Bieber's rant was 'honest'Entertainment 9:32 am - 1,027 views
- Armstrong Metal Fest is backEntertainment 9:31 am - 700 views
- Rob Thomas at the SOECEntertainment 9:21 am - 536 views
- Kesha's developmentEntertainment 9:17 am - 541 views
- Marc Anthony suedEntertainment 9:16 am - 623 views
- Pink ends feud with AguileraEntertainment 9:15 am - 596 views
- Kerry Washington's toxic lifeEntertainment 9:15 am - 402 views
- Bieber slams award shows Entertainment 2,089 views