Dec 11, 2012 / 11:13 am
Rescue workers in Clearwater have found the body of one of two victims killed in a tragic accident on Highway 5 Sunday evening.
RCMP say the body of 30-year-old Skye Buck was located in the North Thompson River.
"The RCMP Underwater Recovery Team have located the vehicle and driver, Skye Buck, but his wife Courtney Buck is still missing," says Cst. Leslie Smith.
"Search efforts will continue throughout the day along the North Thompson River, however, the search process has been challenging due to winter weather conditions."
The couple, both school teachers in Clearwater, were on their way home Sunday night when their vehicle hit a patch of ice, went down an embankment and into the North Thompson River.
Police say grief counselors and victim services have been brought in to assist with staff and students with the Clearwater high school and elementary school where the couple were teachers.
Clearwater RCMP, search and rescue and RCMP dive teams are continuing in the search for Courtney Buck.
Read more BC News
- Victim identified in Vancouver homicide
- Man arrested after calling 9-1-1 for help
- Hunter found after cold BC night
- 60-year-old shot and killed
- Snowboarder dies on Grouse Mtn.
- Child abductor gets 6 years in prison
- Temperatures to drop next week
- Weekend road report
- Elderly man kills two pedestrians
- House fire kills 1 in Langley
- B.C. legislature dome needs pricy refit
- Kamloops - Fraud against seniors
(Click for RSS instructions.)