Dec 11, 2012 / 11:15 am
Kelowna’s Gospel Mission is busy decking the halls, making things bright, and preparing a traditional Christmas dinner for those in need.
The Mission is offering turkey dinner, with all the fixings from noon to 5 p.m. Saturday December 15th, at the Gospel Mission, 251 Leon Ave.
“Once again this Christmas , as thoughts turn toward home, family and warmth we are so grateful to provide the Christmas meal experience for those who may not otherwise enjoy them." says Executive Director Randy Benson.
“Thank you so much to the good people of Kelowna who make this possible year after year."
It’s a big endeavour to host a meal for the 600 people expected. We are preparing over 40 turkeys, 16 hams, 500 plus pounds of potatoes, and 40kg of veggies, along with stuffing, gravy and desserts.
Kelowna's Gospel Mission serves close to 500 meals everyday to the homeless, those at risk of homelessness and the working poor, of all ages in and around Kelowna. We would like to invite anyone, regardless of circumstances, to enjoy Christmas dinner with us.
Read more Kelowna News
City of Kelowna
Kelowna Discussion Forum
Kelowna's Cultural District
Kelowna Road Closures
William R. Bennett Bridge
Central Okanagan Regional District
District of Peachland
District of Lake Country
School District 23
Okanagan Regional Library
- Council: New cop shop long overdue Dec 3
- More delays for Grossmith case Dec 3
- Civic award nominations now open Dec 2
- City sand truck has trouble Dec 2
- Court hears drug dealer feared for life Dec 2
- Boparai pleads guilty to threats Dec 2
- Bus hits Jetta; Gordon reopened Dec 2
- Alberta storms affecting flights Dec 2
- Eye in the sky tracks shoplifters Dec 2
- Dix video: BC pays for Liberal lies Dec 1